We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting experience in Kingston

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting experience in Kingston

Now that most of the dust has settled, we had a experience celebrating my birthday in Kingston a couple weeks back, we went to Lonestar for my birthday and when we went back to our room next door at the Confederation Place hotel I started having a heart attack which my wife called 911 and I was rushed to Kingston General Hospital, where they stabilized me and put me on a waiting list for an Angiogram while waiting in the ER I had another Heart Attack and again they stabilized me, this time they where getting a bit more panicky by lunch the next day my chest started up again and they just rushed me into a emergency bypass operation, I am cutting this short just to let you know if an emergency did happen you will receive great care in Kingston, from your hotel to the Medical care.....Have fun while in Kingston

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting experience in Kingston

I'm very pleased to hear you're ok. That must have been very scary for both you and your wife. Thank goodness you were given the best care possible. If this happened in some other country you may not have been so lucky. Take good care of yourself.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,519 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Interesting experience in Kingston

Glad to hear you're feeling better !

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,645 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interesting experience in Kingston

Holy CRAP that must have been frightening.

All the best to you and thumbs up to Kingston.

Cheers,

Terry

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,092 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Interesting experience in Kingston

Will-Sandy.............my best wishes to you for a quick recovery from your surgery..

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Interesting experience in Kingston

It is a slow recovery, but it is coming along but the front desk staff and housekeeping staff treated my wife so nicely in this time of stress, I just checked the bill from the Confederation Place Hotel and the deal they gave my wife was great even though a front desk manager bickered about the pricing that a staff member gave my wife, but I am also VERY grateful to the staff at the Kingston General Hospital who treated me fantastic

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Interesting experience in Kingston

OMG, what an experience, glad to hear your on the mend although slowly.

7. Re: Interesting experience in Kingston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:22