We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in London

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix AZ
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in London

Hello,

I will be traveling to London for the first time. Could you recommend a good hotel close to the tourist sights.

Thank you

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in London

We really need more information. Will you have a car? Are you flying into London? What sights are you referring to? There is a 'motel area' on Wellington Road close to the 401 highway. It is surrounded by a huge mall, and many restaurants, bars and shopping areas. However, it is quite a distance from the downtown and public transit is not the best here later at night. Downtown are several up market hotels such as the Delta etc. However, not much happens downtown after the offices close. There is another 'night spot' though just north of the core on Richmond Street with clubs and eateries.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in London

I think you may have meant to make this inquiry for London UK.......

in which case you can post it here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186338-i17-London…

Much depends on your budget and interests because the closer you are to the City, the more expensive the hotels tend to be. We've stayed in Kensington and Bloomsbury and prefer the former since it's on 3 tube lines.

But to be within walking distance to many sights, including St. Paul's, the Eye, Tate Modern, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey, I can also recommend the Premier Travel Inn Southwark. My sister in law and her 16yr old daughter recently had a 6 day stay there and loved being on the Thames (river taxis too), and near plenty of cafes and pubs without breaking the bank.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d276502…

We would definitely consider staying there next time.

If you actually do mean London CANADA, then sorry for the extraneous information and I would recommend the Station Park Suites:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154995-d182899…

Hope that helps wherever you're travelling. :~)

Phoenix AZ
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in London

Thank you! Yes, I mean't to post on London UK. Thank you for your help.

4. Re: Where to stay in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 18:19