We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Delta Armouries????

Toronto
Level Contributor
713 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton or Delta Armouries????

Is there any reason to choose the Hilton over the Armouries or vice versa??

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

Living nearby I haven't stayed at either, but the Armouries gets consistently better reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g154995-London_Ontari…

In terms of location for restaurants and bars, the Station Park Suites would also be a good choice, just off Richmond Row.

Toronto
Level Contributor
713 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

I actually was just to submit another post asking about station park. I am leaning towards that over the other two.

I am looking for a dinner menu for the Oscar Taylor's restaurant. Do you know where I can get one?

The one from the website shows breakfast instead of dinner

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

I can't seem to find the menu either but it's generally considered a steakhouse with a very good reputation. That area of London has all kinds of restaurants and a few nice bars and pubs as well.

Bertoldi's Trattoria, The Barking Frog, The Blue Ginger and Black Trumpet are all in that area, as well as great little shops, patio cafes, and Victoria Park.

And it's still easily accessible to downtown, and a fairly large shopping mall with cinemas---- if anyone is interested.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

I've stayed at the Station Park and would recommend it. As mentioned previously within walking distance to some nice restaurants and great shopping too!

Station Park gets its room service from Oscar Taylors. It's sister restaurant is TJ Baxters so you could check out their menu too.

Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

I definitely have to say DELTA. Its gorgeous!

London
Level Contributor
43 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

The Armouries is something different, a very cool looking hotel. I have stayed there and it is very nice. Restaurant a bit pricey but there are others nearby. The Honest Lawyer just up the street is a nice pub.

Station Park hotel is very nice although I haven't stayed there. Oscar Taylor's is a great restaurant, I have eaten there, and it is in the Richmond Row area. That area is the nice bar scene for London and many other nice places to eat.

If choosing strictly between Hilton and Delta, I'd go with the Delta. Simply for unique character.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,729 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

Old post - No need to reply

8. Re: Hilton or Delta Armouries????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 23:18