We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting London

ajax, on
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Visiting London

My Husband and I will be visiting our son at Fanshawe in early November. We are wondering which area of hotels to stay in. We would like to be close to some bars that a couple of 40ish years olds would be comfortable in. Don't want to be standing out in a crowd of 20 year old college/univerisity kids :)

Any help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting London

If I were you, I would try Station Park - it's an all-suites hotel on Pall Mall Street close to Richmond Street, where you will find lots of restaurants, pubs, bars. Great location. That section of Richmond is known as Richmond Row.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting London

Station Park is definitely the best choice, not only for location near lots of restaurants etc, but also because it will offer you a living area to use for visiting with your son. More space and more comfort than a regular hotel room for about the same price.

Richmond Row has a mix of pubs and clubs for students, but there are also several that appeal to an older age bracket....no worries there. :)

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting London

The Marriott Residence Inn is in a good location with bars and restaurants on Dundas St...... but I think the Station Park Inn is a good choice too :-). Great location and within walking distance of some great places to eat etc!!! Victoria Park is close by too.

4. Re: Visiting London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 00:18