We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How close is Toronto from Niagara Falls (canadian side)?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How close is Toronto from Niagara Falls (canadian side)?

Is it worth taking a day trip while we are there??? What are some things you would recommend to do in Toronto?

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How close is Toronto from Niagara Falls (canadian side)?

s06I

Toronto, the provincial capital, is 81 miles from Niagara Falls. It's easy hiway driving. You mentioned in another post that you're planning Niagara for "only a few days at the end of April".

If it was summer, I'd recommend staying in the falls. However, you may find that you can quickly cover that, since it's not peak season.

To select items of interest to you, have a look at Toronto Insider - Things to Do tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-s1/Toronto:On…

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How close is Toronto from Niagara Falls (canadian side)?

A day trip to Toronto would be like taking a day trip to Chicago. If you drove from Niagara Falls, it would take 90 minutes if the QEW was moving well. You would need to either go Sat or Sun, or if weekdays, wait until the morning rush hour was over. So you would arrive around 10:30am. Parking may be a bit of a problem, but someone will tell you where to park I'm sure. Then you could count on about 8 hours of looking around, before you head back to the Falls. If you had already picked out a few places you wanted to see..CN Tower..Eaton Centre..whatever, you could get a flavour of the place, and claim "Yes, I have been to Toronto". But, as I said at the beginning, how much of Chicago would I get to know on a day trip. That's about as much of Toronto that you would get to know.

3. Re: How close is Toronto from Niagara Falls (canadian side)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 12:20