We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting in early november?

Ireland
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting in early november?

I'm planning a trip over to New York, Niagara and Toronto in early November - probably hitting Niagara arounf 6th November. I understand the Maid of the Mist is shut from November to April?

Is it still worth coming or should I really try to reschedule? What are my options for viewing the falls? Any advice would be most welcome!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting in early november?

The weather in Ontario in November is 'dodgy' at best. In most years it rains a lot and the skies are grey. The temperature is not high either, and most people have winter coats on by then. However, the town of Niagara Falls never really shuts down. You can still see the falls etc.

I frequently have relatives from the UK here, and they always want to see the falls etc. I have always recommended to them the mid September time, as it is still warm, but not massively hot, and the kids have gone back to school, and the Maid of the Mist is still running, and the rt of the attractions are still open as well.

2. Re: Visiting in early november?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 09:20