We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone Service

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Phone Service

Hi

1. We will be in Canada for two weeks, currently we have T-mobile and Razor phone and I called T-mobile and found that my phone will work in Toronto area at 49c per min. Is there any other alternate ?????????

2. we will be driving with two kids 2 and 6 yrs old and picking up the reantal car from BUF. How comfortable are the child seats provided by rental company?? I think they will charge me $50 per seat. My wife thinks we should take our own seats but I am not quite sure airline will allow us to take two seats????

Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,143 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone Service

Hi;

T-mobile will have a reciprocal agreement with a local (Toronto) cell phone service. Your rate is set depending on that agreement.

As for options…Use a pay phone or perhaps the phone in your hotel room.

I would suggest speaking with your airline regarding the car seats, as they are mandatory in Ontario.

Best Regards

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone Service

You better check with your airline. Most have very high fees to check things like car seats. I would just get them from the rental company. They should be nice, $50 each is alot but double check how much the airline wants might be more-plus you have to carry them with everything else.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone Service

Thanks a lot.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone Service

Tmobile USA=Rogers in Canada. It adds up quickly.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phone Service

Car seats should be checked free, like strollers. check with your airline.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Phone Service

One inportant thing in Ontario is that the police are VERY picky about how car seats are installed. We frequently see on TV these car seat blitzes where cars are pulled over and the car seats checked. I think that only about 10% of those pulled over have the seats installed correctly, and with the booster seats where needed. There is a fine for not having them installed correctly, much like the fine for not wearing seatbelts. Also car seats cannot be in front, they must be in the back and face forward. I would think that if you rent a car with the car seats in them already, they should be installed to meet the highway code in Ontario. However, since you are renting them in New York State, that may not be the case.

7. Re: Phone Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 08:26