We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet boats- open or closed?

Texas
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
jet boats- open or closed?

I have been reading all the comments regarding the wet jet boat ride, there aren't very many on the enclosed ride. I would appreciate any comments on which is better. It sounds like the only difference is wet or dry? Which would be better for myself and 3 boys ages 15, 13, and 10. Also, any problems with sea sickness? Thank you!

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jet boats- open or closed?

With teens, wet is the only way to go. It's a lot of fun.

Perhaps the reason for fewer comment on dry is that it's newer.

Satsuma, Alabama
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jet boats- open or closed?

YES to WET! ! ! Try to sit as close to front as possible. This is the best of the wet seats. and NO NO NO to seasickness. The rain slickers they have are a waste of time because ANY WHERE you sit you are going to get wet, leave them at the dock. You kids will love this trip, absolutely!!

The Dome jet boat give you a differant look at the water, because you get to SEE the water just over your head flowing away and it does look neat. But the wet boat is the best. Have fun and GET WET!!!

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jet boats- open or closed?

Might add that yes the wet way is the best, if its nice and warm or hot. But if its 55 degress outside, well I pick the enclosed ride. Niagara is a great city but it is pretty far north and even in the summer time has cool days. I would wait until you know what the weather is once you are there.

As for sea sickness, it depends on the person. Think your boys should be fine but you never know if they never been on the water. I would think the ride is rough like a jet ski but you need not to hang on.

4. Re: jet boats- open or closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 02:16