We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

pasadena,md
7 posts
Save Topic
Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

Will be in NF July 30-Aug3. I heard that there are bugs everywhere this time of year. Is this so? If so, what kind of bugs... Mosquitos, beetles? Do we need to take bug spray and if so, with DEET?

Thanks in advance.

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

You won't notice any bugs unless you go into the wilderness.

You won't need bug spray.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
411 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

Strange...never heard of anything like that. No bugs :)

Philly Suburbs
Level Contributor
154 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

I was actually surprised at the LACK of bug bites I came home with. You spend your days outdoors here in PA and you're eaten alive, especially at night. Not so in NF I found.

pasadena,md
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

Thanks to everyone who answered. One less thing to pack/worry about!

Pam

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
332 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

We were on the 8th floor of our hotel and noticed some small bugs here and there on the windows, but that was pretty much it. While walking around we saw none and even played golf at Thundering Waters and still none.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,186 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

Hi;

Even in a worse case scenario, you can always buy bug spray in Niagara Falls !

Best Regards

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

Well last Aug I was in town and did not notice no bugs but just last June I was there and as soon a night came by the Falls there were bugs everywhere, flying, clawing even flying right in your face. They did not bite, really cause no problems. Nobody really seemed to mind them during the fireworks. I had a room at the Marriott on fallsview dr. 5th floor and by 10 pm the window was like 75% covered wit them. Never seen those types before. Once daylight came 5 am then, they were all gone. Might very well be gone by now because I sure would have noticed them back last Aug.

Bottom line, don't worry about them, bet they are gone now and it was only by the falls. On the street-fallsview I did not notice them, just walking right next to the water and yes on my hotel window.

8. Re: Bugs in Niagara Falls Canada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 19:15