We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Candian Side of Niagra

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Candian Side of Niagra

Do you know whether you need a passport for the Candian side of Niagra Falls. I am hoping to get to the Falls in October. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Candian Side of Niagra

You do not need a passport. You will require photo ID (driver's license) and proof of citizenship (original birth certificate). You may not get asked for either when entering Canada, but will likely require both when returning to the U.S.

Oakland, California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Candian Side of Niagra

Thanks a lot for the infor. How is the weather around October?

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Candian Side of Niagra

Probably around 60ºF during the day and 50ºF at night, give or take 5º depending on time of month.

Calabash, North...
Level Contributor
330 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Candian Side of Niagra

We had birth certificates with us but only showed our driver's licenses. They didn't ask for anything more. We had a young girl who looked to be maybe 20.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Candian Side of Niagra

They checked our birth certificate, drivers license and questioned us about our stay when entering Canada. The check only our drivers license when returning to the US. We were traveling with 2 young children.

6. Re: Candian Side of Niagra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 10:19