Planning to go to the Falls mid-June 2008. It will be a multi family adventure. My husband's brothers & sister's families totaling
6 - 8 adults & 7 - 10 kids (ages 11, 12, 14, 16,17 & 18). We are flying from Atlanta to Va Beach to meet up w/ 2 more families.
Driving to Baltimore & NYC to add 2 more to the tally. We will be caravaning from NYC to the Falls.
* Will 3 days & 2 nights be enough?
* I'm assuming that a Tues (6/17) - Thur (6/19) stay would be
better for price & crowds. Am I correct?
* I really like the idea of Embassy Suites for the free breakfast
with that many people, but I see that fallsdudes recommends
Hilton, Reniss, & Fallsview Casino. For a large group which is
the better choice?
* At these prices wouldn't 1 or 2 suites be a better choice
than 3 - 5 rooms? I really liked the idea of the family suite that
sleeps 9 (which hotel was that again?) We are Hhonors Silver
VIP would that get us better upgrades?
* Make reservations ASAP or last minute? As of yesterday the
Embassy site showed no rooms available. Are they already
* Is there a tour that offers the history of the slave underground
* I remember that on the TODAY show a rep said that the
American Falls are to be coffer damed next summer, but I can't
find any info online that refers to that. Is it true & does anyone
* How many people do you need to quailify for a group discount?
* Any other suggestions to make this a REALATIVE happy trip?
Thanking in advance for any & all help. I've spent 2 days reading the forum & have learned so much. Please teach me more. I'm not afraid of the planning (I actually love it), I just want everyone to have fun & enjoy their trip. - Yeh I know teenagers are coming & NO ONE can make them happy when they are with their parents! LOL!
Joann - SCOTT family trip planner : )