We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Topic
The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

Is it worth it? $155 + $10 park + Tax (includes $45 voucher for the Keg + buffet breakfast) & 1 night hotel.

Or just stick with Country Inn & Suites? - $100, includes the Tax.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

So basically you would be paying an extra $85 for a $45 Keg voucher (which would cover one person, maybe), and a little better breakfast which means $40 extra for a buffet breakfast instead of good continental breakfast at Country Inn. Seems like a no brainer to me.

BTW, both places are equal distance (1 block) from Clifton Hill, in opposite directions.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

Read reviews of people saying how great the breakfast is at Marriott. And I can order a seafood dinner for $20 at the Keg. Are taxes for restaurants like 20 percent?

The deal at Country Inn is better, but if a seafood entree at Keg is $20 (I was told that was the price), then how come people end up spending like $50 person on a dinner? Lets say I don't order appetizers, nor drinks.. how much would it cost for 1 person to have dinner there?

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

The Keg is a steak restaurant. They do not have seafood entrees. They do offer some seafood but it comes with a steak, except for a few salmon dishes.

The steak and seafood combo is not 20 dollars. It will probably be around 35 dollars.

Yes the restaurant taxes are around 20%.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

Thanks. The $20 I was quoted is for the salmon meal.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,021 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

Hi;

Restaurants charge the following taxes;

5% GST (Goods and Services Tax) on food and alcohol.

8% PST (Provincial Sales Tax) on food, but not on alcohol.

10% Provincial Alcohol Tax.

Best Regards

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

The Breakfast buffet was in the past (not sure about these days), voted the best in the entire Courtyard Worldwide.....we used to go down at about 10am and then not eat until the dinner hour...

We loved the Courtyard rooms as well.....very clean and roomy

7. Re: The Keg @ Courtyard Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 09:18