We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
675 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

If you only had the money to do one of these, which would it be?

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
675 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

Sorry, I should have added, we are a mom, dad, 12 and 14 year old girls. We will be there the 3rd week of July. Thanks.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,191 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

First, I must point out that Journey is on the Canadian side and Cave is on the U.S. side, so depending on where you are staying, it means a border crossing to one of them.

Cave of the Winds is a series of boardwalks around the base of the American Falls, where you get very close and very wet.

Journey is tunnels in behind the Horseshoe Falls with portals to see the backside of the waterfall and platforms at the base of the Falls.

Cave is probably more exhilarating, but Journey is also pretty neat to be able to get behind the Falls.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

I would choose the cave because I did the Journey Behind the Falls and wouldn't pay a dime for it. Waste of money, do the Maid of the Mist instead.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

Cave of Winds

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

I live here and I like Journey Behind the Falls simply because of the viewing platform at the base of the horseshoe falls.

You can't get that on the other side and you can't go behind the falls either.

It's all a matter of personal preference.

It isn't a Disney Magical ride, so some may find it boring.

It's part of the Parks Commission's special ticket package anyway, which is the best value in Niagara Falls.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

Hershey

Reviews of both attractions are at tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g48261-d28… and tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g154998-d2…

That's a common question. If you enter "cave journey" in the search box above, to the left of the GO button, you'll see several discussion threads.

Trumbull...
Level Contributor
675 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

Well, it seems that overall, Cave of the Winds is the preferred activity. If and when we ever return, we'll try Journey. We don't mind crossing the border. As it is our 1st time in Niagara Falls, we would certainly like to see both sides. Thanks for everyone's help! I will certainly be posting further questions as they arise.

8. Re: Journey Behind the Falls verses Cave of the Winds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls