We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Alabama
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Walking around Niagara Falls

Hey,

Actually, this is a shoe question! We will be partaking in some events where our feet will get wet, I'm sure.

What is recommended for walking around, yet getting your feet wet? Nothing is more miserable to me than walking around in wet tennis shoes(sneakers) and socks!

Thanks!

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

Crocs

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

IMO, no one over the age of 12 should wear crocs in public.

Alabama
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

Comfortable flip-flops????

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

practicality over vanity wins every time

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

How wet and how much walking? If more wet than walking maybe aqua shoes.

Alabama
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

Well, we are going to be doing Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, White Water Walk, Butterfly Conservatory, and probably Niagara's Fury.

I think we need comfortable shoes that we could walk around in.

I have heard that Maid of the Mist gets your shoes soaked. Am I right?

Michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

Just experienced Maid of the Mist a few days ago and took our 9 month old in his stroller...the crew of the ship recommended we stay to the rear of the ship and go side to side to stay dry...it worked. Otherwise pack some flip flops to slip on for the wet adventures and tennis shoes to get about....a lot of your walking will be up hill....ENJOY!

Texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

Crocs Athens Flip Flops!! I walked for days in these at Disney World. Theyare very cushy and supportive. I never needed a tennis shoe. And they are great for adults.

Alabama
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

I have seen those, but have not tried them. I'll have to check them out! Thanks!

10. Re: Walking around Niagara Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 03:16