We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on the way to Niagara Falls, ON

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel on the way to Niagara Falls, ON

First of all I know I am posting in the Niagara Falls, ON Forum. I apologise, but I have been given such good advise from the locals, I just wanted their imput. Besides I am not getting any replies from the Buffalo Forum.

I hope someone can help me find a decent hotel for one night stay for the first week in April in Buffalo. We will be dining at the Left Bank and visiting the Albright Knox Art Gallery the first night. The next day we want to eat at the original famous Anchor Bar for wings and do some shopping at Elmwood Village. We will then be traveling onto Niagara Falls, ON. A clean, safe, inexpensive place to spend one night that is close to everything would be great. It doesn't have to be fancy.

Or should we continue on our trip and check-in to our Niagara Falls Hotel late at night?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,111 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on the way to Niagara Falls, ON

Hi Beyondjunk;

Why stay in two different hotels when you will only be 20 miles away ?

With all due respect to our American neighbours, Niagara Falls Ontario is much cleaner than Buffalo NY. I would suggest "pushing on" the extra few miles !

Best Regards

niagara falls
Level Contributor
523 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on the way to Niagara Falls, ON

I would too, but enjoy the anchor bar....its unique.

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on the way to Niagara Falls, ON

Niagara Falls, ON might be cleaner, but Buffalo has classic character that's not touristy.

new york
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on the way to Niagara Falls, ON

We will be finished with our plans in Buffalo around 10pm. Is this a good time to cross the boarder? We might have had a glass of wine or beer with dinner. Will that look bad for us?

Do you think checking into the hotel very late, around 11pm, will effect which fallsview room we get? Don't the best rooms go first? I have read some bad reviews on the views not being what was expected and complaining didn't help. I do hate to think of unpacking & packing so many times with staying at 2 hotels.

We can always catch the Anchor Bar on our way home.

Thanks for your advise.

5. Re: Hotel on the way to Niagara Falls, ON

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 22:17