We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help getting to hotel

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help getting to hotel

We will be arriving in the Buffalo Airport in NY and plan to take the express bus to Niagara falls area and walk to the Rainbow Bridge, once there I understand we need to cross custom with a US passport. My question is, what would be the best way to get to Days Inn 5068 Center street, from the rainbow bridge. There are 3 adults and 3 carryons. Thanks

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help getting to hotel

If the weather is good; you could walk.

You exit the Rainbow Bridge on Falls Avenue.

Cross the Road, and walk left about half a block to Clifton Hill.

Turn right and walk to the top of the hill.

It is steep.

Clifton Hill turns into Center Street as you cross Victoria Avenue at the top of the hill.

Otherwise; there should be taxi's nearby.

If not, telephone.

Here are the numbers for cabs.

Niagara Falls Taxi 905 357-4000

5-O Taxi 905 358-3232

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help getting to hotel

Just to add to this topic, can someone please let me know the following :-

1) Which is the nearest bus stop where one must alight to get to the Rainbow Bridge. And how far is the bus stop from the Rainbow bridge -- is it walking distance?

2) Do we get taxis from the bus stop upto the Caanada check point ? Do the two taxi companies mentioned by you pick up visitors from the American side as well ( for example the Metro bus stop).

Thanks a lot.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,726 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help getting to hotel

The Express bus from Buffalo Airport (#210) will take you to within a block of the Rainbow Bridge. If you walk across, it would be about 3/4 mile total, with a very steep hill (Clifton Hill).

Canadian taxis cannot pick up fairs in the U.S. (and visa versa). You would have to get a taxi from Niagara Falls, N.Y., which can bring you across.

LaSalle Taxi -(716) 284-8833

United Taxi (716) 285-7441

Springfield...
Level Contributor
187 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help getting to hotel

I'm just curious...wouldn't it be easier to just rent a car from Buffalo airport? I haven't begun researching rental cars yet but figured that is what we'd do.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Darjeeling, Sikkim, Meghalaya
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help getting to hotel

Hi Fallsdude,

Just wanted to be sure I got your message right -- are you suggesting that from the bus stop on the US side, we can catch a taxi that takes us upto the Canadian checkpoint ? Are public taxis allowed to cross the Rainbow Bridge or are only private vehicles allowed thru it -- which means we have to cross the bridge on foot ?

Also, as per your earlier posting, once we cross the border into the Canadian side, we can hail a cab and thereby avoid the steep hills - right?

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,726 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help getting to hotel

Taxis from either side can take you across the border to your destination, they just can't pick up fairs in the other country.

So, after you get off the bus, you can get a taxi in Niagara Falls, N.Y. that will take you across the bridge, through customs and right to the Days Inn in Niagara Falls, ON.

7. Re: Help getting to hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 12:34