We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to the US

England
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Walking to the US

Hi,

We are travelling from Toronto to the falls and would like to see the cave of the winds. Is it still possible to walk across the bridge into the US? If so, approximately how long would it take?

Many thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,276 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to the US

Hi matilda1229;

Yes, you can walk across the Rainbow Bridge. The distance is about half a kilometre.

FYI...As a citizen of the UK, upon entering the US you will be required to obtain an I-94W visa waiver as an addition to your passport. To obtain the waiver, you will be photographed, fingerprinted, and pay a fee of $6 US.

The I-94W visa waiver will be attached to your passport, and must be surrendered when you leave the United States.

The process of obtaining the I-94W waiver takes on average ½ an hour.

Best Regards

Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
527 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to the US

And if I understand the info from the U.S. and Canadian immigration websites, a U.S. Permanent Resident Alien card is adequate to go in either direction?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to the US

Lebelgo, yes, a Permanent Resident Card (aka a "Green Card") is all you need to cross the border by land, sea, or air (before or after June 1). Not only is it accepted by Canada (as long as you're travelling directly from the US), it's mandatory that a Lawful Permanent Resident use it to re-enter the US.

4. Re: Walking to the US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2009, 05:57