We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days and counting..........

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 days and counting..........

Four days from now, I will be driving to Niagara Falls, ON!!!

I just made my reservations with the Vacation Inn yesterday when I found out that my aunt, who is in the nursing home, isn't doing very well.

However, I consulted my family and they advised me to go (especially my mother), since there wasn't much I could do here on my end. Besides it usually takes a few days around before they can have the funeral services, so most likely the funeral would be sometime next week.

I will be enjoying my trip to Niagara Falls, but thoughts of home will be running through my head also.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days and counting..........

hi fallin4the falls

sorry to hear about your aunt. Ijust researched your hotel,

the website I got was through yahoo. It had 3 very bad reviews. I don't know what your paying, but I don't want anyone to have a bad experience in Niagara Falls. I hope I,m not to late telling u this. I search through netscape.. we always stay at the courtyard marriott. Maybe a bit expensive for dinner, but the free breakfast is really worth it. We go down a bit later in the morning, and then don't have to worry about lunch.

Hope u have a pleasant stay in Niagara falls

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days and counting..........

Traceylynne:

Thanks for looking that up for me. What website were you looking at on Yahoo? I found this website (trip advisor) by looking there.

After reading the reviews on trip advisor, I decided to stay at the vaction inn because it appeared that there were more positive reviews than negative. Also, I am not expecting much, just a clean and comfortable room located in a safe place. It would be too late to cancel and find another room, but it makes me feel glad that someone cared enough about me to research the hotel :).

Besides, I don't think it can get any worse than the place I stayed at in WV. If the motel was listed on Trip Advisor, you can bet that I would give it a minus ranking (LOL)! But if I do see even one creepy crawly thing at the Vacation Inn, you can bet that I will be outta there!

I think that this motel wasn't rated much because most people avoid the "mom and pop" places and instead go with a hotel chain. I can't say that I blame them, but I have also had bad rooms in the chain hotels too. So I guess that you take your chances wherever you go.

I have now learned to take a bottle of disinfectant wipes and some air freshener whenever I travel.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days and counting..........

Hi again,

The website I found was called yahoo travel, I looked abit more into the website today and I think they put mostly the bad reviews on-line.

What did your package include? We know a great place to pick up a sandwich for lunch or just take back to your room for later in the evening. The Portage bakery.. You can get any type of roll(kaiser,panini.etc) with two kinds of meat and one type of cheese(with butter,mayo.etc) for about $3.00 CDN. We have them double wrap them so they stay fresh. I'm not sure of the exact location. I know its a on Portage Rd. The other road is I think the main drag. (where all of the fast food resaurants are located).

Let me know how your trip was after you get back. We leave two months from today. I wish it was sooner.

Anyway have a great trip.looking forward to hearing all about it.

Take care

traceylynne

Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls