We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, OH
5 posts
Save Topic
A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

Thanks everyone for the responses on my "Adventure Pass, yes or no?" post from yesterday.

A couple more questions:

My boyfriend and I should be arriving at the Sheraton Fallsview around 7-8PM Friday night. In order to make the most of the Falls, what would you recommend as an evening activity? Is that too late to try to do something like Maid of the Mist? Should we stick to dinner and watching the fireworks?

Anyone care to recommend a great location for dinner? I am more concerned with it being great food than the price. I have read mixed reviews of the Sheraton's restaurant, as well as food at the Skylon.

Thanks again!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

Hi ExcitedTravelerOH,

With a 7 to 8 PM arrival, I think you should just concentrate that evening on Dinner, watching the Fireworks, and perhaps a walk alongside The Falls Gorge... it is just so mesmerizing... you'll probably love just hanging out there.

For Dinner, I recommend The Kegs Fallsview, which is in Embassy Suites. Great views of the Falls, and the food is decent and reliable.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
824 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

I agree with Wine 4 2. The walk along the gorge would be good. The Keg in the Embassy Suites does have very good food. We ate there 2 weeks ago. I would call to get a reservation for the time that you want. It was very busy during the week so I assume it is much busier on the weekend. There are three tiers of seating in the restaurant. All have a decent view of the lit up falls but getting right by the window would be best. Ask for it. The cost is a little expensive - $23 -$37 for your dinner but worth it for the view and the food and the experience. We were not there on the nights of the fireworks but I'll bet it is spectacular.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,076 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

Hi ExcitedTravelerOH;

For good food and GREAT views, I too would suggest The Keg Steakhouse in the Embassy Suites Hotel.

…kegsteakhouse.com/locations/…29

Best Regards

Cleveland, OH
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

Thanks everyone - I booked a reservation at the Embassy Suites Keg for dinner Friday night.

Looking forward to walking along the Gorge Friday night and taking in the falls.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

the keg is great, I hope you enjoy your time in Niagara:)

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

Go to AG for dinner, you won't be sorry...I am headed there in another week for our anniversary dinner...it will be our third time there...very simply the best restaurant in Niagara Falls.

7. Re: A couple additional questions for this weekend - dinner, etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 07:16