We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been given thier room # over the phone when...

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been given thier room # over the phone when...

We first stayed at the courtyard by Marriott in dec 03. My husbands friend made the reservations for us(he works at the adjoining resaurant). everything was perfect. Then I made reservations for march 04 I called the 1-800 # ,requested a 8th floor fallsview room. Got to the hotel ,they put us in a 2nd floor room. When we opened up the drapes there was another hotel 3ft from our window. so we upgraded to the 8th floor.

Just booked a suite for dec. When I called the local number, I asked for reservations,they put my through. Turns out reservations are located in the big fallsview marriott, down the road. She could not tell me what floor the suites were located on. Finally called the front desk and asked where the this paticular suite was located. On floors 2 thru 5. Called back again to the front desk a few days later and downgraded to lesser suite. The man actually told me my room #.

Am I being naive or should i believe him. Yes I got his name.

Any replys would be helpful

Thx in advance

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been given thier room # over the phone when...

I've worked for about nine different hotels in the area, & I can tell you they generally do not give out what number your room is incase something breaks in the room, or the guest that is there the night before decides to stay an extra night. However, generally when you speak with the front desk (especially so with the Marriott), if they give you your room number, they've already pre-blocked it & made a "do not move" note in the system.

They probably won't have done this (I can almost guarentee that they wouldn't have) in the summer time because of how busy they are, but this time of year the hotels in the area generally aren't going to be filled to capacity even on the weekends, so they probably wouldn't even book someone in that suite the night before incase the guest wanted to stay.

If you do get moved for whatever reason on arrival, it is because something is wrong with the room you're already booked in.

Have fun @ the Marriott - it's a gorgeous hotel! :)

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been given thier room # over the phone when...

thank you Polywog

I now understand how they could give me my room number.

I guess I should call ahead about a week before to confirm the room number.

Thx again

Traceylynne

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been given thier room # over the phone when...

I've stayed at the Courtyard and can tell you that the Jr Presidential suites are on the 9th floor for sure. That is my favorite room type there, and they might be on other floors too. I think I was in a lower floor room once too, facing the hotel in back. It was not fun hearing breaking glass every time someone from the bar downstairs emptied the garbage

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been given thier room # over the phone when...

The Jr Prez @ the CY are all over the hotel.. all of the room types are all over the hotel. The only exception is the wheelchair family suites - those are only on two of the floors.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been given thier room # over the phone when...

Hi Again

We originally booked the presidential suite, but the are only on floors 2,3 4,&5. I wondered why they would put thier most expensive suites down so low, I know they are not considered a falls view hotel, but we like to hear the falls when we wake up and see the lights at night, especially the Skylon Tower all lit up for Christmas.

Thx again for all of your help