We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taps Brewery and Restaurant

toronto
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Taps Brewery and Restaurant

Have heard about this place from a couple of friends who live in Niagara area. They LOVE it! Wonder if anyone has been there since they moved from Niagara on the Lake? Their new address is 4680 Queen St. in downtown Niagara Falls.

htm
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
243 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

Some people from work and I went went there early September. It's a nice casual place for drinks with comfortable seating and a large patio. I didn't try the food but some co-workers enjoyed their fries. There is plenty of parking as well.

I had the Vanilla Wheat Beer which I wasn't too crazy about, but their Charleston (sp) was really good and the prices are great.

Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

what exactly is downtown niagara falls? i love brewerys. is this close to the embassy suites?

Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

what exactly is downtown niagara falls? i love brewerys. is this close to the embassy suites?

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

Downtown Niagara Falls is north of the Fallsview and Clifton Hill tourist zones.

It's a traditional small-city downtown area.

Queen Street was once one the main shopping street in town before plaza's, malls etc.

Today, the street has been rejuvenated and consists of a number of artist colony type stores and studios, bistros, restaurants and newly painted/refurbished store fronts.

Queen Street can be accessed directly from the Niagara Parkway north of the falls and by Victoria Avenue, the long street that becomes Ferry Street and Lundy's Lane.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
160 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

I went to Taps last weekend for lunch with some friends and it was pretty good. The salads were good as was the burger and the buffalo chicken sandwich. They serve beer as a sample, as a glass, pitcher and you can also buy it by the gallon. Sometimes they have live music but I think that is mostly done for this year. The service was really good and the owner came out to visit us. If there is a group of people they will give you a free tour (call ahead if you are interested).

Another local brewery worth checking out is Niagara's Best. It is on Lundy's Lane almost at Dorchester Rd. Same idea as Taps (not as big though), beer and pub type food, but they make 10 kinds of beer there. You can sample all 10 for $10. They are 4oz glasses so keep in mind that it is a lot of beer!

Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

thanks for the rec! much closer and probably able to get there from the buses etc right?

toronto
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

We went to Taps Brewery while in NF earlier this week. It was really good. The burger plate was huge. I had pulled pork sandwich and it was delicious...friend had the chicken and there was an incredible potato type salad underneath it. They have a pumpkin beer coming soon and both beers I had were excellent. Highly recommend the place - the staff were really friendly. The chef came to our table to make sure everything was ok. We'll definitely go back...they have a 20c wing night every Wed. and the server says it gets packed.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

We tried to go for lunch at Taps Brewery but ended up leaving in frustration and hunger after waiting over an hour without getting our meals. We placed our order for food, along with some beer promptly after our arrival. The beer was good but after we almost finished them and our waitress asked if we wanted another, we replied that we would rather have our lunch and asked if our food would arriving soon. She told us then that our order "got messed up" but our lunch would be along shortly. She gave us one pint of beer on the house to compensate and then disappeared. For most of the time we were sitting there, we were the only table of diners in the place. About 20 minutes after our first inquiry, my husband walked to find our to waitress, to ask again about our lunch. She said that my husband's burger was almost ready, but it would be another 7-8 minutes for my order, and asked if my husband wanted his meal right away. We opted to pay for our good beer, left the third beer, and went somewhere else.

We are local residents and want to patronize the new establishments along Queen Street, but it would be a lot easier to spend our time and money at a restaurant staffed with people who acted like they gave a darn about us being there.

9. Re: Taps Brewery and Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2010, 08:16