We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Topic
embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

Hi looking to book this accommodation and it state that these suites the 3 room presidential are on the top two floors 41/42nd.

Apart from the lift situation travelling so high up - get bit scared in lifts - Is this too high to experience the actual falls themselves. I would imagine that you would be able to see so far beyond but the view of the falls themselves would this be too high. As the hotel is already elevated I was abit concerned. Anyone stayed in these suites?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

Hi Fleetwing,

Welcome to the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM.

Not a huge fan of heights myself… I haven’t stayed this high in the Embassy Suites… BUT I can tell you that you certainly can find a lot of info about this particular Hotel on the Internet and especially here on TripAdvisor.

For Starters… take a look at the Embassy Suites own website where you’ll find a whole bunch of photos… www.embassysuitesniagara.com

Additionally, check out the HOTEL REVIEW Page here on TA for the Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, there are aprox 640 TA Member Photos posted there…

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154998-d278011-…

To find the photos look to the right side of the screen directly below the Ranking Number… and you’ll find the Tabs marked RATING – DETAILS – PHOTOS – MAP.

Click on PHOTOS and some “thumbnails” will come up… click on any photo to open them in a larger screen. The first set of photos today is by a recent Traveller named ANIKA43 and they are excellent… they were taken from the 34th Floor and truly show the perspective from a room that has a Panoramic View (remember there are 3 types of Falls View Rooms in Niagara… Partial – Full – Panoramic). You can clearly see that due to the size and magnitude of The Falls (the Falls Gorge from Table Rock to Rainbow Bridge is aprox 1.6 Kms / 1 Mile long) that nothing is really lost from being up high.

There is also a PHOTO FILTER that you can implement so you ONLY see photos that feature “view”… click on the box marked VIEW FROM HOTEL… as you go thru the Photos in this list, you’ll see that many of the captions to the photos make a note of what floor they were shot from (there are many that note Floors 34 thru 42).

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... The ONLY complaint that I've ever heard about altitude... is that it isn't the greatest spot to see the Fireworks from... Fireworks over The Falls is best viewed from ground level.

australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

thanks so much for that informjation. i will check out. As for the fireworks we will head down to the park to watch as I think you need to be in the open air to really eperience a fireworks show.

Thanks again.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

Hi Fleetwing,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... Loved the photos myself... a nice representation of what The Falls and surrounding area look like thru the Seasons

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

LOL!

No, it's not too high to enjoy the full experience. You can still hear the Falls from the 38th floor so a couple more floors shouldn't make a difference. One of the advantages of being on the high floors is having a better view of the turbulent swirling currents in the river below the falls. As Wine-4-2 suggests, check out the pics posted by other T/A members the are some in the first 30 or so from floor 39.

The Embassy has plenty of elevators they are large, fast and run very smooth. No need to be scared.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

my son has stayed in that suite before and the pictures he took were amazing.....

australia
Level Contributor
385 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

Thanks so much everyone - Gona book today! Then I can focus on what we can do there in 1 1/2 days.

7. Re: embassy-3 room president suite - 41st floor too high?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 22:17