We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveling w/ two dogs

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
1 post
Save Topic
traveling w/ two dogs

Anyone recommend places that allow dogs with people ie.hotels,attractions,beach areas,eating establishments,areas/parks to see/view the mighty falls ?

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

I wouldn't recommend traveling with them. Most hotels in the area (the fallsview ones anyway) don't accept pets, and with most of the places that do, they have to be really small (like under 10lbs) and there is a surcharge every night for them. As well as that, they generally aren't allowed to be in the room by themselves, which means you have to bring them everywhere.

I don't know of any resturants in the area that allow dogs, which means a lot of getting take-out and eating outside or in your hotel room.

Down by the falls there is Victoria Park, lots of running around for the dogs to do, although you'll probably still need to keep them on a leash to avoid any tickets from the Parks police.

The only beach around here is Crystal Beach - a good 20min drive from Niagara Falls. There is a bit of a beach area in Chippawa, a village inside of Niagara Falls at Kings Bridge Park.

Level Contributor
384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

No Resturant or shoping place will allow pets for safety concens unless there guide dogs, there are alot of resturctions on the pets you can bring. Just leave them with the neighbours.

Northumberland, PA
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

I am a huge dog lover and can only agree with the other posters. Niagara Falls is no place to travel with the pooches. They won't enjoy it and neither will you. Hopefully, you can find a great place for them to vacation while you visit Niagara Falls on your own. It nearly kills me to think how much we missed our dogs, but, they would not have enjoyed the crowds and restrictions.

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

Hi!!

I am also a huge doglover and am coming to Niagara Falls with my dog, but he is a small dog and doesn't mind being carried around. I found all Niagara falls hotels (That are nice) to be to expensive so I am staying at the Comfort Inn in Welland, On. Welland is like 15 minutes from Niagara Falls and the Comfort Inn allows dogs!!

But I when coming to Niagara Falls will be on my way back from the Maritimes so I will just be seeing the falls and then leaving, I don't know what your plans are but I just thought I would let you know about the Comfort Inn Welland!!

BTD

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

Have you checked www.petfriendly.ca ? Ofcourse not all places that accept dogs are listed, but it will give you a start. I always contact hotels directly if I'm bringing my dogs to ensure they will be welcome, and inquire about extra charges etc.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

Haha, Welland.

Did you look into any hotels in St. Catharines? It's a bit closer and bit less.. well.. isolated. There are a couple of pet friendly hotels further away from the falls (but still in the city) that are small dog pet friendly (like the Peninsula Inn & Resort, for example) that aren't as expensive.. depending on what time of the year you're traveling, of course. ;)

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

Sheraton Fallsview Hotel and Conference Center is pet friendly, you even get a doggy bed when you stay and it's only a one time fee of $25Cdn

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

hi twodogman

When are you going....i can check the next time I go...i know of one hotel that says pet-friendly on its sign:)

I'm going in March

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

There are some places that accept dogs, but you should call ahead to see if there is a size limit. I am a dog lover, and our dog comes most places with us. This page has some hotels and pet friendly activities http://www.budgetniagara.com/pet.htm

chesterfield,va
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: traveling w/ two dogs

Try petswelcome.com they give listings of hotels on the US and Canadian sides.