We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Niagara in February?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grove City, OH
4 posts
Save Topic
Anyone been to Niagara in February?

Hello. My husband and I are going to Niagara Falls next weekend and we wanted to know if anyones been to Niagara Falls in the month of February before and if it's really cold there this time of year?? Any info you want to write back would be helpful. First time to Niagara!! :)

Thank you!!!!

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
157 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

We just scheduled a spontaneous trip to Naigara Falls for early next week... I looked at weather.com and it'll be cold (high is mid 30s), but that doesn't sound that bad to me; it's been that bad here before and I survived! It'll be my first time, as well (my husband went as a child)... I'm so looking forward to the visit!

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

This is a confusing time of year up here. One week it will be spring weather (high above normal), the next week it's below normal.

This weekend it's showing -1, but by Wednesday it's showing +1. So really, it could go either way.

You might want to check out www.theweathernetwork.com before you leave. Just remember though- whatever it says, its way colder once you're down by the falls.

Have fun!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

Dress warm and you will not be disappointed. Make sure you make the trip up to Niagara on the Lake as well. Try Niagara's famous ice wine in some hot chocolate....that will warm you up.....

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

sidebar:

Polywog...congrats on the Local Expert....

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

Thanks Buffaloian! :)

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
442 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

I love the falls in the winter - just dress warm and you'll have a great time! I love the ice wine/hot chocolate idea!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
609 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

Yes, I had some at Hillebrand a few years ago at the ice wine festival...very good.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

Driley10

Niagara Falls in the winter is my favorite time to go....the falls all surrounded by ice is amazing:)

Be prepared to spend more than usual on restaurants...it can get quite expensive.

What hotel are you staying at?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

yes, congrats polywog!

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been to Niagara in February?

My husband and I are going this coming weekend (Feb 17-19) too! We are staying at the Courtyard Marriot......got rave reviews from this board!

We have been to the falls many times in the winter and have always had a good time......it is very cold though...make sure you bring gloves, hat and scarf....seems like it has always been a cold breeze....but very refreshing too.....then you can go back to the hotel and hit the hot tub and relax......I can't wait...5 more days!!