We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

California
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

Hi!

I was looking at some of the reviews and most people seem to get the standard Fallsview rooms. The difference for when I am going(Late August) is less then $20/night for the superior fallsview rooms (which I was told are floors 26-41, and have floor-to-ceiling windows). Are the superior rooms too high? I noticed some of the reviews saying not to go too high up.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

Hi IgnorantCumquat,

Welcome to the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM.

Just to be clear there are 3 Marriott Hotels in Niagara Falls… and 2 of them are on Fallsview Blvd, and almost side by side to one another… so for clarification it would be helpful to us to know EXACTLY which one you are considering (as mix-ups for Travellers between the two properties are common… Fallsview being a common word here in NF… a Type of Room – the name of the Street – and also the name of a Neighbourhood).

# 5 – Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa (6740 Fallsview Blvd)

# 24 – Marriott Gateway on the Falls (6755 Fallsview Blvd)

Generally speaking though when it comes to Niagara Falls… the higher one`s room the better the view and the more it costs. Falls View Rooms tend to come in 3 categories… PARTIAL – FULL – and PANORAMIC… so know what you`ll be getting beforehand. A Partial View will be somewhat obstructed (say by another building, common on lower floors)… a Full View will give you an unobstructed view of ONE set of The Falls… and a Panoramic View will give you an unobstructed view of BOTH the Canadian & American Falls and the whole Falls Gorge.

Additionally, if you look at the HOTEL REVIEWS Section here on TA, you should also be able to see other Traveller`s Photos so you can really get a feel for what is what… go to the HOTEL REVIEW for the Hotel you are considering, and then click on the PHOTOS tab in the top right hand corner (just below the Ranking Numbers). Many Travellers have labelled their Photos with info as to what floor they were staying at.

Not sure about the “too high” aspect… other than many Travellers have commented that higher rooms are not ideal for watching the fireworks… fireworks are truly meant to be viewed from the ground… eye-level from a Hotel Room works ok… but too high and the whole effect is lost.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

California
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

oops, totally thought I mentioned the specific hotel :)

Marriott Gateway on the Falls

Thanks for the information

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

Hi Ignorantcumquat,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

Now that we know it is the Marriott Gateway on the Falls... you'll probably get more "percise" info than mine (as I know one of the NF DE's... STILL SMOKING has experience staying at this Hotel when it was a Sheraton property).

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

There is a reason they call them "Superior Fallsview" rooms. For the little bit extra $$ I say go for it.

When it come to the Gateway, (old Sheraton) it sits just slightly behind the falls. Higher floors give you views deeper into the horseshoe falls and lower river and also above the roof line of the neighboring hotels. On lower floors some view may be blocked by the Marriott Fallsview hotel.

California
Level Contributor
182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

Awesome, thanks :)

6. Re: Which type of room for Marriott Fallsview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 21:19