We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-Fi Embassy Suites"

Buena Park...
1 post
Save Topic
Wi-Fi Embassy Suites"

I was at embassy suites a few nights ago. It did cost $ 10.00 for internet access. But when we were trying to hook it up. They had three different options. One (the one we chose) was "Honors" that wi-fi name was part of the code they gave us. But the other two were Verizon & ATT&T. Does anyone know if an ATT&T customer could have used that set up instead of "Honors" and possibly avoidedbeing charged at all.

Tim

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-Fi Embassy Suites"

Hi Tim989,

Welcome to the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM

And I see that you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Embassy Suites is part of the Hilton Chain… Hilton Honours is the name of that chain’s Loyalty Program. I am a longtime member so perhaps I can help you out with this…

Any of the 3 options would have worked for you...

ATT & Verizon would have been the service provider for this Hotel’s Website / Internet Services for Guests. Everyone would need to log-into the Hotel Website first (and accept the Terms & Conditions for use) to access the net… then you launch your Browser.

IF one is a member of the Hilton Honours program then you can log into the system directly using your Hilton Honours Membership Number and Password… IF you are a GOLD Card Member then you get FREE Internet Service (if I recall correctly the long list of perks for that Membership tier)… I assume that the system would recognize that info (Membership Name & Password) … otherwise everyone pays the fee, UNLESS the Hotel happens to offer you that as a perk with your stay (can happen for both SILVER and BLUE Card Honours Members from time-to-time)

When you log in using your Hilton Honours Membership Info… the primary difference is the system will direct you to your Hilton Honours Account info (Reservations Pending – Hotel Stays for the Year Todate – Membership Stats & Points etc)… BEFORE you would launch your Browser. Useful info for those who travel often with the Hilton Chain for Business say...

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS… In Canada, Internet Services are RARELY included in with accommodations but usually an Extra Fee ($ 10 to $ 15 is typical). This is another reason, that I advise Travellers to sign up for Hotel Loyalty Programs (FREE to do so, and takes less than 5 Minutes online)… as often being a member means receiving a perk whereby you will not be charged, as Hotels do tend to comp such services from time-to-time for their most valued customers.

Edited: 02 January 2012, 21:44
2. Re: Wi-Fi Embassy Suites"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2013, 10:23