We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanting to go to Niagara prior to conference in Toronto

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Wanting to go to Niagara prior to conference in Toronto

We'll be flying into Pearson international on Friday afternoon and would like to go to Niagara Falls and stay the night there before going back to Toronto for a conference that starts on a Sat. What are my best options. We could rent a car but I really don't want to mess with returning the car the airport and then figuring out how to get to my downtown hotel w/o a car because I will not need it while at the conference. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,133 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanting to go to Niagara prior to conference in Toronto

I'd rent a car at airport and drop off downtown. All the big name car rental agencies have locations in the downtown area, and most will either charge no drop-off fee, or a small one, which would likely be less than or equal to the cost of getting downtown from the airport. Having the car gives you the flexibility to leave when you want from Niagara, and also if time allows, to explore the Niagara region wineries, and/or the lovely town of Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanting to go to Niagara prior to conference in Toronto

Hi JoAnn H,

Welcome to the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM

And I see that you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor... so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Public Transit (bus and train) is best from Downtown Toronto vs Pearson Intl... for more info see the TOP QUESTIONS ABOUT NIAGARA FALLS Box that is on the right of this screen... and the FAQ's entitled *How Do I Get From / To the Area Airports ?* and *How Do I Get to Niagara Falls ?*

You won't need a car for either the cities of Toronto or Niagara Falls... BUT you may want one to save time on getting to NF from Toronto's Airport (you could do a one-way rental... or return it to the Airport after you've been to NF).

The ONE advantage to having a car, is you can get off the "beaten path"... and explore some of the incredible beauty that is the Niagara Region (the Peninsula that lies between the 2 Great Lakes).... including Ontario's Premier Wine Country - Historic Niagara-on-the-Lake - and the Engineering Marvel that is the Welland Canal.

For more info on Niagara Falls and the surrounding Niagara Region... check out these Official Tourism Websites...

* Niagara Falls Tourism = www.niagarafallstourism.com

* Niagara Region Tourism = www.tourismniagara.com

* Niagara-on-the-Lake Chamber of Commerce = www.niagaraonthelake.com

* Niagara Parks Commission (where you'll read about most of the Bigger Attractions) = www.niagaraparks.com

* Niagara USA Tourism = www.niagara-usa.com

As well you will also find an absolute TON of info here on TA's Travel Pages for NIAGARA FALLS (those buttons to the left of this screen... start with the TRAVEL GUIDE) and of course here in the TRAVEL FORUM... likewise for the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL PAGES and TRAVEL FORUM.

TA - NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE TRAVEL PAGES = tripadvisor.ca/Tourism-g154999-Niagara_on_th…

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 02 April 2012, 22:33
3. Re: Wanting to go to Niagara prior to conference in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 03:41
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls