We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wireless Internet ?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
9 posts
Save Topic
Wireless Internet ?

Do any of the larger/nicer hotels offer free Wireless Internet throughout the hotel? If so, please fill me in.

Thank you.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wireless Internet ?

Hilton 888-370-0325 10/day

Embassy 800-420-6980 20/day

Marriot 888-501-8916 20/day

DoubleTree 1-800-222-8733 Free

Here is the info. I collected for my trip next weekend.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wireless Internet ?

I doubt any of those hotels offer -free- wireless Internet.. the last I checked, the Marriott had wireless for $25CDN/night. However, they do offer wireless- at a price.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wireless Internet ?

My suggestion is to see if your receiving wireless signals wherever you go, before you pay for it.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wireless Internet ?

The prices I mentioned above are accurate within the last three weeks as I was calling around getting this information for my visit this weekend. Yes the Doubletree did state FREE access. Of course I'm not staying at the Doubletree so I won't be able to confirm.

As far as trying before you buy. Yes you could do this but I would find it hard to believe that a hotel that isn't a Mom and Pop shop, that plans on this for a revenue stream, is going to just leave it wide open. Just my opinion.

But hey why not try. I just wouldn't bank on it.

One thing these hotels may offer that I didn't check on is a PC in the lobby for guest access or wired connection in the lobby for access as a perk.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wireless Internet ?

Hey Lawson:

Sorry about that! I didn't even see that you had wrote the prices next to the information! I'm dumb like that around 1am =) lol

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wireless Internet ?

Hotels that I have stayed in that charge for internet access never have it available for free. What I was referring to is receiving signals from other nearby hotels, businesses, or residences.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wireless Internet ?

Hey, I just saw a commercial for Holiday Inn Express's, They offer Internet FREE, try finding a Holiday Inn

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
786 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wireless Internet ?

The only Holiday Inn in Niagara, is not actually a member of the chain, just shares the name

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Wireless Internet ?

Most chain names (hotels, resturants, etc) in Niagara Falls are privately owned so they can have their own rules and take more of your money. ^_^