We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
790 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

My wife and I are going up to Niagara Falls in June. It looks like it will be the second week in June. We have some flexibility on our dates and I am wondering if any days of the week will be better than the others. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

We visit NF periodically for family reasons. We have found that hotel rates mid-week are generally less than rates on the weekend. On last year's visit, we started out on a Wednesday (I think), and paid a different rate each night. By the time we got to Saturday night, the rate was twice the Wednesday rate. We have stayed at different hotels in NF over the years and found this to be a common practice. So, this may be something for you to consider in timing your visit.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

If you want to catch the fireworks, they are on Fridays and Sundays at 10pm, so maybe arriving on a Sunday and taking advantage of early week rates would be a plan.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

Yes the weekends are more expensive with Saturday night being the highest. Sunday to Thursdays are the cheapest.

Rumor has it that Nik Wallenda will be walking the tightrope over the falls on June 15th. No official word on the date just yet, stay tune

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
790 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

Thanks everyone for their responses. I looked at the hotel rates and there is a big difference in rates for the weekdays as compared to the weekends. We are going to go there during the week. We cant wait.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

Was told 9pm the fireworks come out.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

Now I see this on the net about Niagara Falls.

niagarafallsstatepark.com/SpecialOffers.aspx

From Mid-May through September, free Niagara Falls’ fireworks shows take place each Friday and Sunday at 10 p.m. Come and be thrilled!

Morris County, NJ
Level Contributor
698 posts
790 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

CanadaGuy1980. Thanks for posting that. Looks like we will be up there on a Friday night, so it will be nice to see them. We cant wait to visit the area.

Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
145 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

I've been to Niagara falls 3 times last year and going 1 time this year cause of course money as i dont have much money to go as i did last year and the fireworks are great. They don't last super long but still well worth checking it out as of course its free.

Hamilton, Ontario...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

The walk across the falls has been confirmed fro june 15 2012 @ 9pm.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best days to visit in this coming June?

I heard something about an extra special firework show after his walk is finished on June 15th, should be quite a show.