We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

June 29th till Sept 24th @ 7 pm weather permitting.

buffalonews.com/city/…article914305.ece

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,530 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

Broken link, SS.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

Jay Cochrane will be wire walking between the Skylon Tower and the Hilton (50 stories up and no tether) at 7pm starting June 29, EVERY night for 12 weeks.

niagarafallsreview.ca/2012/06/21/cochrane-re…

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

Sounds interesting...........hard to believe he's 68!.............hmm...will anything be televised?

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

" ...will anything be televised? "

Nope, you'll have to come to see him in person.

Also of interest, although the costs for the equipment setup, etc. are being paid by the Tourism Partnership of Niagara, all proceeds that he raises from donations and sales of his DVD will go to the Tender Wishes Foundation and the Boys and Girls Club of Niagara. He has raised $157,000 for charities during his past performances in Niagara Falls alone, over $40 million world wide.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

BUT it be daylight when he walks and I would guess most folks on the ground will be able to see him walk the wire--unlike when Nik walk. All we seen was the mist of the falls and the bright lights. What a let down, IMO

Maybe I was at the wrong spot but right around where the band was playing seemed like a good area and many folks were father away then I was.

I did see Nik up close as he walked his way towards the Rainbow bridge afterwards. Would have been nice if he would had walk slower and waved a few times to his cheering fans. I didn't even have time to pull my camera out and snap one picture before he was gone.

Edited: 22 June 2012, 16:42
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,113 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

stills....................I hear you...........after all that build up!........seeing the walk in the daylight is def preferred.............it's too bad about nothing being televised for Jay........I was originally going to NF in August, and would have had a chance of seeing him, now trip postponed until October...............so my understanding is the walks will be over by then.................

Edited: 23 June 2012, 14:52
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,808 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

The walks have been delayed by 1 week, will now start on July 6.

niagarafallsreview.ca/2012/06/28/cochrane-sk…

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,570 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

WOW, thanks for the heads up.

What a disappointment for those going there this weekend but you have to play it safe. Smart move on Jay's part, if he is not pleased with the setup, don't do it.

9. Re: Get Set For Daily Wire Walks Every Evening

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 06:15