We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

Hello, I see that the Embassy Suites has great views, but how are the views (full falls view, both American and Horseshoe) if you book a room with that view on floors 10-15? Are you sufficiently high to get a good view and does anything (part of the building, perhaps) block the views from these floors? These rooms are about $50 a night less than the higher floors with the stated same view, so I wonder if the view is that much better on the higher floors. Thank you.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

Hi virginiatraveler505;

Yes, the higher the better. However, the hotel is built on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment, overlooking Queen Victoria Park and the Falls.

To help you put things into perspective, here is an interactive map of Niagara Falls Canada.

niagarafallslive.com/Niagara_Falls_Interacti…

The view is facing the US side, with the Fallsview area on the right side, and Clifton Hill on the upper left. Click on a building, and a new page will open with a description and details.

The Embassy Suites is shown directly below the American Falls, with a red / pink roof, to the left of the cone shaped building.

I hope that helps.

Best Regards

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

Sometimes the higher up floors have larger windows, right to the floor.

It should say if the room has a full falls view. Ten to 15 stories should be high enough but I never lookout those windows.

Why not call the hotel and ask them if anything blocks the view. I would go with the cheaper room, in some ways you can see the falls better -closer but you can't see as far away. The higher the room the more it cost it seems like, no matter which hotel

Edited: 07 August 2012, 17:08
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

" the hotel is built on the edge of the Niagara Escarpment "

To clarify, the Niagara Escarpment is several kilometers north of Niagara Falls, running east/west. The large, Fallsview hotels are situated on top of an elevated ridge above Queen Victoria Park.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,572 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

I've been calling it off a cliff, thanks for the clarification

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

Obviously the higher up the better - however, last time I stayed I'm pretty sure we were in that 11-15 level and the view was perfectly acceptable (both falls).

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

The problem with the 10th thru 13th floors is that the roof of the Keg restaurant (9th floor) extends out in front of the room windows blocking some things below that make the view balanced and complete. It doesn't really block the Falls themselves but the roof view is distracting. As you get higher is becomes less of an issue but I'll bet they won't guarantee a room on the 15th floor.

Currituck, North...
Level Contributor
388 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

We had a room on the 23rd floor & had a wonderful view of Horseshoe Falls. We enjoyed coming back from our day touring around & would sit in front of our huge window in a comfy chair & watch the falls.

Betty

8. Re: Embassy Suites view from floors 10-15?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:17