We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best observation tower?

East Brady...
Level Contributor
134 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
best observation tower?

I was wondering which is the best observation tower to go to? I've seen a few to chose from.

Falls Tower - seems to be the cheapest, but how is the veiws and can you take good pictures?

The skywheel should be built by the time we go.

Skylon tower

I would just like everyone's opinion on which tower is for the very best veiws and to get the best pictures from.

Northumberland, PA
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best observation tower?

I am partial to the Minolta Tower myself. Less expensive and not the lines like the Skylon. Also if you go earlier in the day you can have most of the place to yourself. We went at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning and I think only 1 couple came up about 10 mins later. I took beautiful pix with my small digital camera and they came great.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best observation tower?

I'd vote for the Skylon. It's always had a great view as it's closest to the Canadian Horseshoe Falls.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best observation tower?

Hi, There Mcollar, you have not named a great one, it's called the Minolta Tower, which is right over the Canadian Falls, You can also see the American Falls, The Minolta Tower Is A Great Tower and it's not to expensive either, I STRONGLY reccomend the Minolta tower, it's great and pretty cheap.

Pibb,

East Brady...
Level Contributor
134 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best observation tower?

Thanks for all the advice. I checked out The Minolta tower and it seems pretty good. It even for the first time I've ever seen at any of the attractions sites has a kids price from 6-18. Which I will have a 15 and an 18 year old. So that's pretty cool. Probably the place on earth that goes up to 18 for kids prices.

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best observation tower?

or you can just pay 1USD on the us side and go out on the new observation deck which takes you over the gorge, you get some great pictures of the american falls, maid of the mist boats, the gorge, rainbow bridge and the skyline. and while your there, you can do the maid of the mist since the lines are always shorter on the us side.