We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with an Itinerary

Saskatchewan, Canada
8 posts
Save Topic
Help with an Itinerary

Ok, it's me again, stardust294. Now that I finally got my hotel booked for the days in August, I am more relieved now, and the prices are alot more affordable then what I had looked at before. Cairncroft Best Western, offered me a pretty decent package I think, for my family of four. We have full hot made to order breakfast every morning for my entire family, we have family passes to the Great Gorge Adventure and also a fantastic discount to Marineland. Judging by a few reviews I have read previously about Marineland, I am pretty skeptical. Is Marineland really all that bad?

Anyway, here is a list of things that I have planned to do with my family, but where I need the help, is trying to plan it into my days and how to spread it out properly. Hopefully some of you out there can help me put together an itinerary so that our whole trip runs smoothly.

I have our rooms booked for August 15th and checking out on the 19th. I also requested a late checkout which they are going to honor for me. Anyway, we will be arriving in Niagara Falls from Saskatchewan, Canada, by car and I am guessing very late afternoon or early to mid evening. I know we probably won't feel up to doing alot of things that night after driving 30 some hours over a course of about 2-3 days.

But here is a list of things that I would like to do with my family. Hoping you can all help me out.

--all four activities that the Great Gorge Adventure has to offer

maid of the mist, journey behind the falls, white water walk and

the Butterfly Conservatory

--Skylon Tower or Minolta, whichever one is better, any ideas?

--Bird Aviary

--some of the Clifton Hill attractions, that the Super Value Combo

Pass has to offer.

--Ripley's Museum, not the moving theater

--Aerocar

--Lion Safari which I know isn't a Niagara Falls attraction, we know

it is aproximately an hour and 15 min away

--And finally, Marineland

Is it possible to get all that done in 3 days and the last morning before checkout?

Thanks again everyone.

stardust294

--Skylon Tower

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with an Itinerary

Yes all of that is very realistic.

Marineland is a major attraction that is certainly worth a half day visit.

The Skylon Tower is the tallest and the "Yellow Bug" elevators facing outward offer a breathtaking view.

It's a nice attraction.

Cairn Croft is a very well run, family operated hotel and has been a success in Niagara Falls for many years.

It's a good choice.

The Lion Safari just had two new baby elephants born but whether it's worth the travel time is your call.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with an Itinerary

Yeah that all sounds good and easy enough to get done in 3 days, (I think) I have not done the african lion safari but you could do that one day with ripleys and clifton hill that night!

Marineland early for half a day then hit maybe the aero car, bird aviary ,and skylon that night.

The people mover will take you to most attractions, inc white water and butterfly cons, maid of the mist and journey behind in one day very easily. I think your list is compleate LOL, do it in what border you want, It is nice to fit in as much as poss on a city break, it's not a beach destination where you go to relax is it, have fun and don't forget to take some time to look at the falls from the brink of it, it is awesome. You should be able to squeeze in the new ferris/observation wheel too, if it is up by then!!

Have fun

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with an Itinerary

The one iffy part of this is that the African Lion Safari trip is really going to consume most of a day so effectively you are giving yourself two days to see Niagara Falls (admittedly some stuff can be done in the evenings). I'm going to cast a minority vote on the Marineland issue and suggest leaving it til the end and, if it just doesn't work out to see it then skip it.

Have a great trip.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with an Itinerary

Canprof, good point on the safari and it will be a tyring day with the driving etc, but as most tourists walk up and down clifton hill at night that day would be a good day to do the attractions an it and ripleys.

Marineland doesn't have to be a full day, go for the show see some of the other animals hit a few rides etc and leave when you want. It is still going after all these years for a reason, when I went to school in Niagara we even got to go there once or twice on days out with the school, brings back some good memories so I won't knock it, everyone know's it aint sea world! and am sure it is not sea world prices either!! LOL