We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Cold" & Rainy!

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
"Cold" & Rainy!

Yes, to us Floridians, 50 & 60's is way too cold!

Looks like that's what the forecast is calling for during our 4-day stay in NF beginning tomorrow afternoon. We are following the advise of others in this forum, and dressing in layers. From the amount of rain reported over the last 24 hrs., it doesn't look it 's going to be downpours as we are accustomed to.

Will most outdoor-type attractions remain open during this rainy period?

Even with the cold and rainy weather, it will still be much, much better than the best day at work!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Cold" & Rainy!

Well most Canadians will be staying inside in our igloos grooming the sled dogs...but yes you can assume business as usual.

Have a good visit!

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,434 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Cold" & Rainy!

What????!! You let your sled dogs in your igloo? Mine stay outside!

:-)

60's way too cold? As I sit typing this, the temperature in my house is 64F. At this time of the year, we usually keep the heat off in our house unless we have an extended cold spell. Our house is built to take advantage of passive solar heat gain, but it takes awhile during the day for the temperature to rise. Mind you, I would melt if I lived in Florida!!

Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: "Cold" & Rainy!

64!! Our heat is set to come on at 68.

Floridians can't take the cold anymore than you can take the heat . . .

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Cold" & Rainy!

LOMA.....It won't be that bad in Niagara....They have called for rain for the last 2 days..only sprinkes so far..No need for layers..our igloos have melted by now!!..Niagara is a great plce to visit , whether its snowing , raining , sun shining or foggy...Niagara is one of the most beautiful places in the world to visit:)

Have a great trip..I can't wait to go back in december:)