We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Embassy Suites

We will be in Niagara Falls in mid-June and staying at the Embassy Suites. I noted that there are different Fallsview rooms. We want one with a view of both the American and Horseshoe falls. Also you pay more for the higher floors (above 15). Is it worth paying extra for the high floors? I had thought 15 would be high enough for falls but there must be a reason for the more expensive rooms. Is there a floor I should request?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites

The higher up you are, the better the view...

Naples, New York
Level Contributor
349 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites

The 10th thru 15th floors do have a view of both falls provided it says that in the room description. However, the Roof of the 9th floor sticks out of the main tower and blocks some of the view below (especially on the10th - 12th) . Very distracting IMO. From the 15th to 22ish floors the Oakes hotel blocks some of the view to the North (more view is better). Higher floors (23 or above) get you above the roofline of the Oakes for a much more panoramic view.

***You must make absolutely sure that the room description states a "VIEW of BOTH Horseshoe and American Falls"***

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites

I've had rooms with views of just the Horseshoe Falls and of both. The room with views of both was infinitely better. In terms of height, yes the higher you go the better the view, but I don't think we were higher than floor 18 and the view was excellent.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites

We have stayed on the 32nd and 36th fls. and the views were great. If the view is important to you I suggest you pay the extra. Try for anything from 30th and up.

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites

Thanks for the info. I think I'll shoot for the higher floors.

6. Re: Embassy Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:18