We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
381 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

My husband and I are hoping to take a 2 night trip to Niagara Falls for our 25th wedding anniversary. We won't have much notice (work has to slow down). I have looked at a few hotels (Hilton looks very good right now), but I can't really book anything until we have a better timeframe. Question: Are the hotels booked solid in July? I'm a bit of a cheapskate, but I wouldn't mind paying for a fallsview if it's highly recommended (have heard we MUST stay in Canada). If we won't have a fallsview, I would rather not pay big bucks for a hotel. Any advice is appreciated. I've been watching this forum for a while now. I LOVED Stacy's pictures!

Buffalo
Level Contributor
563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

yes, everythings going to be booked solid starting this weekend. your best bet is going to be to call the hotels and see if your dates are available. if you call soon though, you might still find a great deal with a fallsview room. remember to find out what falls, or if both, the room faces to. rates drop off for rooms that dont have a fallsview.

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

If only things were booked solid for the summer starting this weekend!

It's anything but.

This tourist season, like last year is flat. Ef El Ay Tee.

Don't count on anything being booked solid unless it's a prime holiday weekend period.

There are lots of nice mid-priced hotels and motels available in Niagara Falls; so don't worry about booking too far in advance.

However, if your heart is set on any particular place; book now.

Prices do fluctuate both ways.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

Don't ever wait until the last minute. Rates at hotels are based on availbility so as the hotels book up the rates go up as well. If you book last minute (especially on weekends in July/August) and the hotel only has 20 rooms, you're looking at prime rates.

If you've got a date, book now and you can always call the hotel or check their online prices closer to the date of arrival to see if the rates have gone down. If they have, you can ask them to put the new rate on the reservation (you generally will not have to re-book, they can just change your existing reservation).

If you're not sure of the dates, I'd book around when you think you'll be there - two reservations for seperate weekends if thats better- and cancel one when needed to guarentee the lowest rate for yourselves.

If you're looking fallsview its no secret: Marriott! :D

For non fallsview, theres about 289347234 people on here that will recommend the Courtyard by Marriott (on Victoria Avenue, about 1 block away from the top of Clifton Hill), and they both offer awesome one or two night package deals.

PS: 25th?!! WOW!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!! :):):)

htm
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
243 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

Average Occupancy Rate on Saturdays in July are 90%+ I've seen the rate hit 97% several times.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
967 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

The place I do reservations for is almost sold out for the next three or four days, I think tourism might be okay.. but it's still too early to tell

6. Re: Last minute vacation to Niagara Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 22:16