We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

Ayiyi! I'm so confused at this point as to where to book our elopement/honeymoon hotel in Niagara...We aren't looking to spend $200 a night since we are going to be there a week in September, but we want someplace really nice and if at possible a great view of the falls (without our hotel window facing another hotel, know what I mean?). There are so many hotels with awesome reviews on this site and then some of them have just as many negative reviews. For example we were looking at booking at The Tower Hotel..funky rooms with awesome views although they may be tiny.....but heard customer service is not the greatest? Then heard the Oakes has pretty good customer service but bugs in the rooms and needs repairs? I am at a loss as to what information is current.

We just want a great hotel where:

The view of the falls would be fantastic

Cleanliness is VERY important

Updated, modern rooms would be great and not 80's décor

Room service is guaranteed if requested (drinks, food, etc). It is our honeymoon afterall so we may splurge on food and drink.

Customer service is very important!!!

I don't know if any of the hotels include breakfast but that would be a bonus.

Price - obviously the cheaper the better...I don't want to spend any more than $120 or less a night if possible. Do any hotels offer a discount for staying 7 nights at a time???

We'd appreciate any hotel suggestions from past honeymooners/elopers :)

If anyone can recommend if we should book this far in advance or wait until August to book, could you please let me know? We will be arriving in Niagara the second week of September. We had good luck with Air Canada in booking our flights so I'm just wondering should we go ahead and book out hotel as well?

thanks so much

Alice V

Edited: 18 May 2013, 04:45
Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

$120 a night for a Fallsview room wasn't possible in April, so I don't know if it will be in September either. You might want to look into splitting up your nights and spend a few in a nice Fallsview room, and the rest in a non-view room or at a different more budget friendly hotel. Also, 7 nights in Niagara is a very long time, we were there for 4 nights and saw all we wanted, spent a lot of time relaxing at the hotel, and took our time at each attraction. Have you thought about shortening your stay in Niagara and doing some time in Niagara On the Lake or Toronto?

You might look at making some reservations now at hotels with a no-fee cancellation policy, then you have the option to change or cancel if you find a better deal. Since it was the off season, my wife and I were able to find a stellar deal on travelzoo.com and many others have had success with groupon and other deal sites. Depending on when in September you're going it could still be considered high season, or "shoulder" season, so deals might not be available.

For now, I'd suggest cruising sites like booking.com or hotels.com to see what's in your price range for your dates. You might luck out and find something like the Comfort Inn or Travelodge for $80-$100 a night, and a Fallsview at the Marriott for $150 a night. Doing 3 nights in a Fallsview @ $150 and 4 nights in a non-view @ $100 would keep you right around your budget of $840. Don't forget about fees such as tax and parking though, as they will add a bit to your final bill! Look for the cancellation policy to make sure you can change if a better deal comes along.

Also, all of this info has been discussed in your previous thread. I doubt you're likely to find different answers from the same courteous posters (php, stillsmoking, wendy-n-tom etc)

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

Here's the thing ... you are coming to a place that is a major tourist attraction all year round, with summer and early fall being peak season, and you have a limited budget. At a certain point you have to make a decision as to what are the two or three most important qualifications you want, and realize you'll have to compromise on others. The Tower Hotel looks and sounds as though it fulfills most of what you want. The reviews are almost all positive, although a few do mention customer service. But what exactly do you consider to be good or bad customer service, and how will it affect you: someone thought the valet was pushy - well you've been warned and know how to deal with that, someone had a bad waiter - haven't we all. There are ways to deal with that. Personally I'd be more upset with a dirty room than a bad waiter.Tthe reality is that you are asking for a lot of things for a low budget ... you may need to compromise on either the budget, the services, the length of time you stay. And as Sam and others have noted, a week is a very long time to stay in NF - splitting up your trip, and possibly staying somewhere like NOTL in a nice B&B may be a solution.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

Thanks for the advice folks...we have decided to forego the view (sigh) and stay at the Sterling Inn & Spa. Sounds to be a short walk to the falls and if we want a great view we can go to one of the nice restaurants, etc and take in the view from there. It almost fits into our budget so I think we'll be happy with that. We requested a room on the second floor so hopefully we will get a nice clean & quiet room. Also heard they have free parking and a small breakfast served daily so those were two things we were looking for. May be in a seedier part of town, but that's okay as long as its within walking distance to the attractions hopefully we wont have any problems.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

Having been to Saint John, I can guarantee that the location of this hotel is not seedy in comparison to areas of SJ. It's a lovely place, and you should take advantage of the spa.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,599 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

You might be able to swing a city view room at a Marriott for $120 a night if its after Labor Day but then prices for everything in and around the hotel are very mark up in price, $5 bottle water, etc. Your budget will be stretch at those higher end hotels.

There is many nice hotels in Niagara, never been Sterling Inn & Spa yet it sounds great for a honeymoon...mid size hotel with spa's, nice, cozy and private.

Edited: 16 June 2013, 00:51
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

Stay at Sterling Inn-in my view the nicest hotel in NF...look at their package deals which include dinner (but not alcohol) in their restaurant AG...great place to have a "special" meal. I have never considered it to be in a seedy part of town BTW.

7. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 12:21
8. Re: Still searching for best honeymoon hotel in Niagara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16