We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Shuttle

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
New Shuttle

The Niagara Parks Commission is starting a new shuttle service for the summer, that will operate from 10:15am to 5pm daily between the Floral Clock and Niagara on the Lake Old Town. Users will presumedly take the WEGO bus to the clock and then switch to this new bus, which has departures every 90 minutes. Fares are $5 each way for adults, $3 each way for kids 6-12 and free for under 6.

It's not great, but at least it offers a way to get to NOTL without a car or taking a taxi.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Shuttle

Is it $5 round trip--if so, not too bad, IMO. Yeah they do need to offer a family package deal. $16 for a family of four-2 adults and 2 kids, should be cheaper.

It takes a bit to get up to NOTL, was there yesterday for the jet boat ride but 1 pm is just the covered dome boat ride so I toured the town again but this time by bike.

I noticed the WEGO buses have bike racks in front, I hope the NOTL buses will have bike racks as well. Then I might be interested in going and not have a car to park and worry about. Could let somebody else drive me up to NOTL and just relax or eat lunch. Eating and driving isn't for me.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 00:32
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Shuttle

As I said, the fares are each way, so double that for a return trip.

I suspect that the buses they might use will be the old People Movers, which weren't in bad shape for 30 years old.

NIagara Falls...
Level Contributor
815 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Shuttle

This is a great deal!

10 dollars return to get to Niagara On the Lake and back compared to five times that in a taxi. Way to go Niagara Parks Commission and WEGO.

There is an article on this in todays Niagara Falls Review for those who want to read more.

The Shuttle runs from the beautiful Floral Clock at the Sir Adam Beck Power Plants near Queenston; to historic Fort George in Niagara on the Lake. From that point, it's an easy walk to the Old Town and higher end shopping, restaurants, hotels, theatre, etc. Start spreadin the news. This is a big positive for Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake.

4. Re: New Shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 06:17