We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks over Niagra Falls

Rocky River Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks over Niagra Falls

Why was the fireworks show over the Falls so lame? That was by far the worst fireworks display I've ever seen. It started with what may have been a test shot, about ten minutes later the main show started. The entire show was maybe ten minutes with absolutely no finale. When it was over my kids literally sat there asking "Was that it? Is it over? We sat here for hours for that?". Niagra Falls, New York should be reprimanded for that pathetic display. I've seen better shows after a Cleveland Indians baseball game. Tiny towns that don't make millions off of tourism have better shows. Niagra Falls really needs to tighten up.

Scenic Tours of Niagara
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
King Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Wheelz Niagara
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings , City Tours, Day Trips
Chicago
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks over Niagra Falls

I feel you've misplaced your complaint here. No one here works for Niagara Falls Tourism, or likely has any care that you didn't enjoy the fireworks. They do the fireworks throughout the summer and it seems most people enjoy them. Sorry you didn't.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks over Niagra Falls

Also you posted in the Niagara Falls, Ontario CANADA forum, complaints should be on the US Niagara Falls side....

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,073 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fireworks over Niagra Falls

The Fireworks Over the Falls are presented by Ontario's Niagara Parks Commission (and corporate sponsors), and has nothing to do with Niagara Falls, NY. The displays take place 2-3 times per week from May to October and twice a week from November to January, therefore about 100 times per year, for the past several years. If you had done any research, you would have known that the displays are short for that reason.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,645 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fireworks over Niagra Falls

Niagara NY and Niagara Ontario forums should be merged together-IMO but nobody listens to me either, lol

Funny how when I look for hotel rooms on TA partner sites, it has no problem showing me hotels on both sides of the river but when we post questions on the travel forum, oh then it has to be so picky, ha ha.

Yeah the firework show is pretty short but then its twice a week all summer long--used to be 3 times a week.

NPC has went out of their way to squeeze $ out of the tourist with $18 parking fees--private lots a little farther away charge only $5 for all day in and out parking but not NPC , $18-$20 to park each time, ugh. Even way north by the butterfly conservatory they want $5 just to park a car--back when it was free parking, we also had fireworks on Wednesday but now NPC rakes in more $ and give us less--again, IMO

How's the incline rail way coming along, its so funny, they post a sign that sorry its close but we are making it better--when, after tourist season is over for the summer?

Yeah I like Niagara Falls--make that love it-but doesn't mean I am thrilled with everything about the place.

BTW I care about your opinion on the fireworks, my first night on my last trip I skipped traveling down to the falls to see them, in part cause the show is so short. Glad I'm not alone on thinking they could be better-longer

Edited: 06 July 2013, 18:43
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fireworks over Niagra Falls

My bad, I made the assumption that the fireworks were the 4th, making it an American affair...

6. Re: Fireworks over Niagra Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:18