We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

butterfly conservatory for boys

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
butterfly conservatory for boys

I have heard that the butterfly conservatory is really good but is it something that boys (5&7) would enjoy or is it more for girls?

UK
Level Contributor
231 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

We visited the butterfly conservatory last May, with our 10 year old son. It is a really nice day out. Children love the butterflys,as they land on them,and remain there for a while. The grounds are large, pretty formal gardens, and wide open space for the kids to run around. There were a lot of baby geese there,so our son loved that.

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

What little boys don't like flying bugs and beautiful colours?

Saxonburg, PA
Level Contributor
755 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

We just came back and had two 7 year old boys with us and they loved it. Check out the attractions on this site and click on the Butterfly Conservatory, then click on pictures, you'll see how much they enjoyed it.

Ron

Saxonburg, PA

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

Absolutely they would love it. Undoubtedly it will be a unique experience and how many kids can go back to school in the fall and have that story to report.

Have fun!

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

I am trying to plan our agenda. How much time should I plan to spend there?

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

The butterfly conservatory is located at the Niagara Parks botanical gardens; but I doubt the boys would be interested in that aspect.

There is a short film before you enter the butterfly conservatory and you might want to skip that if the boys are fidgety.

Theres a big butterfly themed gift shop as well to browse through and food is also available.

You could be there for as little as an hour or as long as 2 hours depending on what you want to do.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

Hi vickip, It all depends on what you are planning to do that same day... Like how many other things do you have planned for that day or how many things would you like to do that day. Because this would give us a better idea of how long you should spend there. So just tell me and the others what you have planned for that day and then we would have a better idea of how long you should stay.

And may I ask what part of Ottawa are you from? I live in Ottawa myself, And I went to Niagara 3 years ago, And haven't been back, it was beautiful the first time I went, i'm thinking about going back this summer!

Pibb,

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

I am from the Osgoode area. We are only spending 1 day in Niagara Falls. I just wanted to show the falls to the boys and do the Maid of the Mist but I heard the butterflies were awsome so I wanted to see if I could squeeze them in.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

I have been there twice. Both times an hour was perfect.

There were tons of little kids having a ball !!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
41 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: butterfly conservatory for boys

We just came back from Niagara Falls in June with our 6 & 10 year old boys. They did not want to go to the butterfly conservatory, but kept asking to go to the Aviary all week. They loved the Birds of the Lost Kingdom. check out http://www.niagarafallslive.com/Aviary It's near the falls on Niagara Pkwy. They had a bast feeding the Lorys. There so much to do in the area. Have fun in whatever you do.