We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

Planning on a 2 night stay in Niagara Falls with 8.30am flight out from Buffalo to JFK, New York. Not sure which side of the falls shall we stay. If we were to stay at the Canada side, what is the travelling time by taxi that i should allocate taking into account immigration & custom clearance? We hold foreign passport with both Canada & US visas. Thank you in advance for your kind advice.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,396 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Bud246;

Buffalo Niagara Int'l is approx. 27 miles / 43 km, about a 35-45 minute drive from Niagara Falls.

The airport's website suggests arriving 90 minutes prior to your flight's departure.

I would allow 30-60 minutes to cross the border and clear US Customs.

At a minimum, you should be leaving by 6 am, 5:30 to be on the safe side.

Best Regards

Kuala Lumpur...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

Thanks RescueTeam. Plan to stay at B&B along the River Road on the Canada side. Is it easy to get a taxi around 5.30am or any advice where i can book one? Also can the taxi cross border & goes straight to Buffalo International Airport? Estimate cost of the taxi ride?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,396 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

You're Welcome !

I would suggest that you pre-book a taxi the day / night before, as not all taxi drivers carry the appropriate documents to cross the border.

For your options and costs, have a look at the "Top Questions" area on this forum for the entry titled "How do I get from / to the area Airports ?"

Best Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

People who own B+B's are quite knowledgeable and will gladly order you a taxi if you ask them. They will also be very helpful in answering any other questions you may have.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

Saw a post just the other day that put the taxi ride at $85....

6. Re: Early flight out from Buffalo International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Niagara Falls
Recent Conversations