We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel CLOSE to falls or with a shuttle?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hanalei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
295 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel CLOSE to falls or with a shuttle?

I have a disability which limits how much I can walk, so I'm trying to figure out if there is any hotel that is within a couple blocks to the Falls attractions, or one that has a shuttle.

Also, we are driving up to the Canada side of the Falls on a Saturday morning. I assume we'll do the Maid of the Mist that afternoon, and spend the night. My question is whether or not we will want a second night at the falls, or if another half day seems like enough to do the museum/behind the falls attraction. We are headed to the Finger Lakes region next and can't decide if we want an extra night at Niagra or at the Lakes. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel CLOSE to falls or with a shuttle?

Which museum do you want to see? I'm not familiar with any museums in Niagara Falls.

As far as hotels, what is your budget? There are many hotels ranging from $70-$500 a night. Rooms with a nice view of the Falls are around $150 and up. Let is know your dates and budget and we'll toss out some suggestions

There is a bus system called the WEGO which goes from most of the Hotels to the main Canadian attractions. A 48 hour pass is $11.50 24 hours is $7.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel CLOSE to falls or with a shuttle?

Also, hotels in the "Fallsview" area are very near the funicular which takes you from right near the hotels down the escarpment to the Falls.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,068 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel CLOSE to falls or with a shuttle?

>>"...the museum/behind the falls attraction."<<

Hi Mrkmbb;

The attraction you're thinking of is called "The Journey Behind the Falls".

The Journey Behind the Falls starts with an elevator ride down approx. 45.72 / 150 feet through the bedrock that forms the Horseshoe Falls, to tunnels that will lead you to an area about 1/3 of the way behind the Falls. There are a number of lookout portals where you can watch as the torrents of water fall at approx. 40 miles an hour / 65 kilometres an hour. Also, there are two observation decks that allow you to stand beside the foot of the Horseshoe Falls.

niagaraparks.com/attractions/behind-the-fall…

Best Regards

Florida, New York
Level Contributor
316 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel CLOSE to falls or with a shuttle?

As mentioned the hotels don't have shuttles anymore, the WeGo busses run all day and are very convenient, if you go to the Website: http://www.wegoniagarafalls.com/ you can view the map and see some of the hotels listed. I would always recommend getting a room with a spectacular view in the fallsview area if you can afford it. I think you could certainly do the Journey behind the falls in the AM and then drive to the finger lakes it is about a 3 hour drive, you could also most likely do both attractions you mentioned in one afternoon.

5. Re: Hotel CLOSE to falls or with a shuttle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 05:18