We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Bus Packages & Border Crossing ?'s

Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Tour Bus Packages & Border Crossing ?'s

Hi All,

I am planning on taking my daughter to Niagra Falls for a 1 day trip & was looking into tour bus packages. Is this a good idea or a waste of money? She is 11. I am looking into Niagra Adventures Tours & any info on them would be appreciated.

Also after reading info on crossing the border, I am concerned about 2 things. My vehicle is a safe, reliable vehicle & great on gas but not appealing to the eyes (its old & has some rust). Will I have problems with this at the border patrol stations. My second question involves my daughter. My ex-husband & I have not spoke in almost 7 years so getting his permission to allow me to take her over the border in written form is an impossibility & from what I have read you need this. Is this correct & should I just plan to cancel this trip? I do have her birth certificate & SS card.

Thank You Very Much,

OutdoorJunkie

Ont
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour Bus Packages & Border Crossing ?'s

I think to be on safe side you need an official letter from your lawyer stating you are the legal gaurdian of your daughter.

We have crappy looking cars here too, looks shouldn't matter, they look at the people inside rather then your ride.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tour Bus Packages & Border Crossing ?'s

Hey, Like said above it doesn't matter what your vehicle looks like, they just look inside and at you, to make sure your not hiding anything or bringing anything across the border. As for the border situation with your daughter, it may be hard, you pretty much need that letter, but if anyone else can get the letter for you from your ex-husband, I would do that. Or like stated above, get a letter from your lawyer, you need some proof that your allowed to bring your daughter over, because if you don't have proof the border patrol may be thinking that you are to hide her from your husband or someone else, etc.

But anyways, if you do go have a great vacation!

Pibb,

Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tour Bus Packages & Border Crossing ?'s

Thank you for the replies. I am going to call my attorney & get a copy of my divorce & custody papers, an idea I didn't think of so TY ( I did have a copy but lost them in a move & probably should have a copy anyway on hand).

Ty , OutdoorJunkie

Niagara falls,Canada
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tour Bus Packages & Border Crossing ?'s

I see the Niagara Adventure tour buses driving around and to be truthful, they're quite old and not the nicest.

I also know that the "sales people", or "loaders" as they're called receive a fairly large portion of the ticket price.

My suggestion is to buy a people mover ticket and explore the Niagara Parks attractions that way.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tour Bus Packages & Border Crossing ?'s

I'm Glad I could help! Good Luck in crossing the border, I really hope you get to go!

Pibb,