We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for under 21 couple?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
Which hotel for under 21 couple?

We will be travelling to Niagara Falls and plan to stay for two nights. Really hoping to stay at Marriott Fallsview for the whirlpool bathtub and a view of the falls but found out that the minimum check-in age is 21. I'm 20 and she's 19 so we can't check-in.

I've pinned it down to these 3 alternatives:

1. Marriott Gateway ($144/night) - This has a view of the falls but bad ratings. Also bit expensive but I guess you pay for the view.

2. Country Inn ($112/night) - Insane ratings. But no view. Would gladly go to this one but not sure about their minimum check-in age. I emailed them but no reply and I don't want to call them because it costs money since I don't live in US/Canada.

3. Marriott Courtyard ($121/night) - Minimum Check-in age is 18. Better ratings than Gateway but rather go to Country Inn if they allow me to check in.

Which one should we book?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel for under 21 couple?

I just did a dummy booking for Country Inn. When I got to the "Reserve" page to enter guest information Section 2 says:

2. Enter Name of Adult (18 or over) Staying in Each Room and Special Requests

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel for under 21 couple?

Are you certain one Marriott will not allow 20 years old but the other Marriott across the street does / that seems odd, unless its cause of spa services but still ?

If that is in fact true and I would call the front desk to make sure, well if it is true, I would just write that all of that hotel chain off my list, IMO.

Just find a hotel that accepts you on Fallsview dr and have a great trip. I say Fallsview dr cause its likely the area you want to be at.

Edited: 29 September 2013, 17:47
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel for under 21 couple?

Found out Country Inn is 21+.

Also called Marriott and they said their Canadian hotels are 19+. I wanted to double check so sent the Fallsview hotel an email and they told me it was 19+ so I think I'll book for Fallsview!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel for under 21 couple?

Good for you, hope you have a wonderful trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,268 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel for under 21 couple?

Legal age in Canada is 19 but I was snookered a bit by this question. In Whistler near me, the hotels set the age limit of 25 at busy times like spring break. There are groups who want to party hearty and will destroy hotel rooms in the process. It may be the same with hotels in NF, but under normal conditions, as you both are legal age here, I'm a bit surprised that the Country Inn is saying 21 when you are simply a couple and not a party group.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,086 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel for under 21 couple?

You should be quite happy with the Marriott. They might not be the cheapest but I throughly enjoyed my stay over there years ago. The elevator even says out loud what floor you are on when the door opens.

7. Re: Which hotel for under 21 couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 05:18