We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1.5 days in the Falls

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
1.5 days in the Falls

I will be flying in to buffalo. Will be there on 22 nov (fri) late evening. Plan to rent a car from the airport. I will visit the niagara fashion outlet before heading to accommodation if there is time.

I will have one full day exploring the falls. Is one day sufficient? I plan stay on US sides and walk from US to the Canada side.

A few questions:

1) I'm a Singapore citizen. What documents do I need and how much does it cost?

2) when I get over to the Canada side what can I do for the day?

3) are any of the attractions open during that period?

4) I believe there are light ups at night? Should I view this from the US or Canada side?

5) what time should I start heading back to US side?

Appreciate any help :)

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,711 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1.5 days in the Falls

1. You just need your passport to enter Canada. The only cost is the bridge toll of 50¢, one way only.

2. In the upper right, under 'Top Questions..' is the link to things to do in Niagara Falls.

3. Only a few of the water based attractions are not open. The list will show you which.

4. Viewing of the Falls illumination is much better from the Canadian side. There are also Fireworks Over the Falls on that night at 9pm, as part of the Festival of Lights. www.wfol.com

5. The Rainbow Bridge never closes, so the only consideration is where your hotel is located on the U.S. side, and whether you will want to walk alone in that area at night.

Singapore
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1.5 days in the Falls

Ok thanks for the reply.

So I do not need any sort of visa to get across?

By the way do u know if it will be dangerous to drive from buffalo airport to the falls during that period?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1.5 days in the Falls

The drive will only be dangerous if there is a significant snowfall, which can happen at that time of year....you won't know until the day of, or maybe a day or two before though...

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,711 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1.5 days in the Falls

Citizens of Singapore do NOT require a visa to enter Canada.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp…

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1.5 days in the Falls

Which hotel are you staying at on the American side?

If you have a car, I'd suggest just staying on the Canadian side. More options for things to do and places to eat. Plus the view, especially at night with the illumination is great.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1.5 days in the Falls

You are making a HUGE mistake by staying on the American side. If you can, change your hotel to one on the Canadian side. I'm sure most everyone here will agree. For starters, there are not any hotels with a view of the Falls. Second, the Canadian side is much nicer, has the best views, is safer and is cleaner.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 20:43
7. Re: 1.5 days in the Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:19