We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit the falls

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Best time to visit the falls

Hi I was wondering was time of year would be best to visit - I have two choices mid May or mid September and am not sure what to do for the best , any help would be appreciated :) becs

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit the falls

May is good, but if there has been a harsh or long lasting winter, it could still be a little cool and things could just be getting operating again for the year. September would be my pick. It's still warm, the summer crowds are gone, but the city and attractions are still in full swing.

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to visit the falls

I would also suggest September. In May the water is still very cold, especially if you want to go on the Maid of the Mist (which will be Hornblower in 2014).

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to visit the falls

I was there in mid-April and the water was FREEZING. Probably won't have warmed up much by Mid-May I reckon. I'd also vote for September. Either way will be a great experience.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to visit the falls

Both times are nice but yes, mid September would be the best time.

5. Re: Best time to visit the falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 05:17