We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for local information

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for local information

Hi, I am coming to Boston and surrounding area in April. I will have a car. I am planning to cover the following areas (time dependant): Boston MA, Rhode Island, Hartford CT, New Haven, Buffalow/Niagra, then MAYBE Montreal.

I am after some suggestions of things to do and not to do. I am open to all ideas as I have no preconceved ideas so will consider anything.

All info greatly recieved, and also if there are any other places that you reccomend while I am on my travels.

Many thanks for your time.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,674 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for local information

Welcome Kelly ~

As far as Niagara Falls, Canada is concerned, maybe you could start with saying what your interests are, what things you like to do and see when you visit a new place. Can't see the wisdom in throwing things at you if they don't appeal.

In fact on each and every forum you have posted on, there are some resources available to browse and sort according to your interests and priorities. Things to Do can be found in the green menu bar across the top of the page. Top Questions can be found to the right of the page. These are popular questions, one of them is "What is there to do in Niagara Falls."

Another excellent strategy that brings a wealth of travel nuggets is to read other questions being asked on the forum and the replies being given.

Perhaps after a bit of research, you could come back with some specific questions.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
767 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for local information

The more you give the more info you will get, what are your interests? Some people love flowers, so the Floral Clock would be awesome, others would hate that idea....some people would love to to do the Whirlpool Aero Car, some are afraid of heights.....you see what the problem is...

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,983 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for local information

Hi Kelly;

How long do you have for this trip, in April ?

Best Regards

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for local information

Thanks for your responses so far, i deliberetly did not mention what interests i do and do not have as when i have posted on here previously people have given me ideas that i would not have read about if the had been on a list - i would have discounted them. As an example - i am not a fan of museums, but on a post i did not say that and one was suggested, i went to it as someone made it sound interesting, and it was. So i do not want to discount things.

The floral clock sounds good. I will now google the areo car thingy. Many thanks.

I have just over 2 weeks in April.

Florida, New York
Level Contributor
316 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for local information

My favorite things to do at the Falls: Get a Fallsview room so you can relax in the comfort of your room and really take in the falls. Walk from your Fallsview room down to the falls, or take the incline railway down and then walk through the park enjoying the views and the gardens - I like to go all the way down to the bottom of Clifton hill and check out the fancy gardens there - then take a walk up it, checking out all the shops and tourist traps.

6. Re: Looking for local information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2013, 15:00
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,076 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for local information

Comfortcn167GM - your post violates TA guidelines concerning solicitation.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for local information

Many thanks mmosher. I will be looking to walk/explore in Niagra, I feel that I missed out last time i went there due to the weather, there was lovely scenery, however it was covered in about 5 feet of snow.

9. Re: Looking for local information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 06:18