We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
30 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

Currently planning our June-July holiday. After a hiring a car in Ottawa for a 2 weeks self drive via North Bay and Parry Sound, the plan is to either drop the car off at Toronto International airport or in St Catharines, Ontario. We will then fly to Boston after staying at Niagara-on-the-lake for 4 days.

I have two questions:

a) what is the best way to get from St Catharines to Buffalo Airport for a flight to Boston or,

b) is it better to return the car to Toronto International and then fly to Boston

I am unable to find a suitable site where Rates are advertised for taxi's or a shuttle service ex St Catharines to Buffalo International (BUF)..

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,672 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

Hi Lesley;

I would suggest having a look at the "Top Question" area of this forum. The second entry titled "How do I get from / to the area Airports ?" provides you with your various options.

Flying from Buffalo will be less expensive than flying from Toronto.

You may consider asking about dropping the car at the Buffalo Airport. While there will most likely be a "drop-fee" for doing so, it may be cheaper than using a taxi or shuttle.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,487 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

Lesley..........................I think you should consider dropping off the car in Niagara Falls, Ontario instead of St. Catharines, Ontario, if it comes down to this...they're both the same distance from NOTL, and NF is closer to the Buffalo Niagara Airport......there seem to be more options as well for bus/shuttle service to/from Niagara Falls to Buffalo Airport than St. Catharines, which is more of a residential community than prime tourist area, like Niagara falls..............You could check into dropping off your rental vehicle at the Buffalo Niagara Int. Airport, as mentioned in the previous post, but this would also involve dropping off the car across the border in a country different than the one you initially rented it in....might not even be possible, so you'd have to check carefully with the car rental company first.....at the very least, Ottawa and NF are in the same province and country, so this may be simpler?less costly?....anyway, something to consider and ask about

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
30 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

thank you for posting the good info, much appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,487 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

You're welcome......have a great holiday!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

I think the NF option offered sounds best if I were guessing.....first thing I'd do is see what the drop off fee would be in Toronto, NF and Buffalo and proceed from there.....though buffalo flights to Boston may be cheaper, it may not be that much of a difference and may be worth heading back up to Toronto to avoid a heavier drop off fee and or the hassle of catching a shuttle....

6. Re: St Catherines to Buffalo / Niagara International Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 06:18