We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit from Austin to Canada

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Visit from Austin to Canada

I wanted to take my parents visiting me in Austin from India to Niagara falls Canada.Do they need to apply for a Canadian visa if I directly fly them to canada from austin,TX or drive them from Detroit to Canada?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,638 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

Yes they require a visa to enter Canada, no matter which way they come.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp…

Edited: 30 January 2014, 00:14
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

If they are flying Fly into Buffalo it is much closer than Detroit. Detroit is 4 hrs or so from Niagara Falls.

Buffalo is much closer

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,584 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

I agree with neilalex's suggestion in the previous post to fly into the Buffalo Niagara International Airport.....it's only about a half hour drive from NF, Ontario....

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,325 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

Hi Krithiga;

Prior to entering Canada, they will required to obtain a Visa. They can NOT apply for it at the border.

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

If getting the extra Visa is an issue, you can still see the falls from the US side.

I love the gardens and Goat Island. The cave of the winds is something to do, you walk right close to the American Falls.

You still have a good view of the Horseshoe falls, but your view of the American Falls will be from the side.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

I'd get the Canadian Visa, it's worth the extra effort and you can also take them to Toronto, another great reason to visit Southern Ontario!

7. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2014, 13:34
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,325 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

mrluxx;

Your post violates TripAdvisor's posting guidelines regarding self-promotional advertising or solicitation, and has been reported as inappropriate.

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

9. Re: Visit from Austin to Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 07:16