We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

niagara explorer pass??

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
2 posts
Save Topic
niagara explorer pass??

Hi--- What is this pass used for ? Where would i buy it? Price?

Dh and I are taking our 2 DDs to Niagara Falls for a week in August. I am trying to get everything planned out and get an idea of what we want to see and do there. Our DDs are 9 and 13. We are staying at theMarriott .

Thanks ~~~~~~~~~~~ jeannie

Whitchurch-Stouffvil...
Level Contributor
134 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: niagara explorer pass??

Ladybug26:

I can't find anything conclusive on the "Niagara Falls Explorer Pass".

For niagara Falls I would first make a list of the things you want to see, check out the past threads for Niagara Falls Attractions for inspiration. Generally with a pass of any kind it is a smorgasboard of activities usually including ones that you won't want to do.

I think you would be better off picking out all the stuff you and your guests want to do. There is also an attractions tab at the top of this page devoted to Niagara Falls.

Christine

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: niagara explorer pass??

Do you mean the Adventure Pass? If so, we bought those and it was $133.68 CDN/$118.08 US total for 2 adults, 2 kids (although your 13 yr old may qualify as an adult). That included Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, White Water Walk, the Butterfly Conservatory and a 1 day People Mover/Incline Railway Pass. It also had discount coupons for the Aero Car and a bunch of other things and a 1/2 price coupon for a second day of the People Mover. If you want to do all these things, it's totally worth it. Maid of the Mist was great, Journey and White Water Walk were enjoyable and we were quite pleasantly surprised with the Butterfly Conservatory- I would have never done it if I hadn't had the pass but we truly enjoyed it and glad we saw it. You can pre-purchase this online (I think you get a voucher that you still have to take to a kiosk) but we bought ours when we got there by Maid of the Mist.

We also bought the Clifton Hills Fun Pass. That was $94.18 CDN/$83.52 US. That got us the Skywheel, mini golf, Ghostblaster Dark Ride, Cosmic Coaster 4D ride, Movieland Wax Museum and the Falls Tower Ride. Again, a couple of things on there that I normally would have passed on but all were lots of fun and pass was again a great deal rather than purchasing them all individually. Those attractions are all on the right side of the street walking down Clifton Hill. Across the street is I think the Marvel attractions-Spiderman, WWF and it appeared they also had some type of all day pass but I did not check those prices.

You say you're going for a week-we spent about 2 full days there using both the Adventure Pass and the Clifton Pass but also had plenty of time to swim, shop, walk around town and relax. Saw the fireworks Friday night and they were great. On our way home we stopped at the African Lion Safari in Hamilton, ON and that was awesome. I've also heard good things about Marineland but we did not go there.

3. Re: niagara explorer pass??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 11:19